What is Rupert Murdoch's media empire worth
Who does the media belong to?
2011 sales: $ 33.405 billion (€ 23.998 billion)Rupert Murdoch's media empire includes high-circulation tabloids such as the "Sun" in Great Britain, worldwide sports and news channels, film productions in Hollywood and, since 2007, the renowned Dow Jones publishing house (Wall Street Journal).
The headquarters of News Corporation in New York. (& copy AP)
overviewMurdoch's media realm is opaque and complex, even for experts. It includes high-circulation tabloids such as the “Sun” in Great Britain, sports and news channels from India to Europe to Latin America, film productions in Hollywood and, since 2007, the renowned Dow Jones publishing house, which publishes the “Wall Street Journal”, among other things. Main part of News Corp. is now Fox News, the most commercially successful news broadcaster in the USA. At the latest since the payment of one million US dollars to the Republican Governors Association in 2010, News Corp. to one of the biggest supporters of the Republican Party. In the UK, the company is currently under particular pressure because of a bugging scandal in the News of the World newspaper.
Basic dataHeadquarters: 1211 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10036, USA
Telephone: 001 212-852-7000
Fax: 001 212-852-7145
Branch: Newspapers, magazines, book publishers, film, television stations, satellite TV, cable TV, internet content
Legal form: Corporation
Fiscal year: 01.07. - 30.06.
Founding year: 1952
- K. Rupert Murdoch, Chairman and CEO, News Corp .; Chairman, BSkyB
- James R. Murdoch, Chairman & Chief Executive, Europe & Asia, Executive Chairman News International
- Chase Carey, Deputy Chairman, President & COO
- David F. DeVoe, Senior Executive Vice President & CFO
- Roger Ailes, Chairman & CEO, Fox News Channel, Fox Business Network, Chairman, Fox Televisions Stations, Twentieth Television
- Lawrence A. Jacobs, Senior Executive Vice President and Group General Counsel
- Teri Everett, Senior Vice President, Corporate Affairs & Communications
- John Nallen, Executive Vice President, Deputy CFO
- Beryl Cook, Executive Vice President, Chief Human Resources Officer
- Tom Mockridge, Chief Executive, European Television
- Michael Regan, Executive Vice President, Government Affairs
- Genie Gavenchak, Senior Vice President, Deputy General Counsel, Chief Compliance & Ethics Officer
- Reed Nolte, Senior Vice President, Investor Relations
- Rupert Murdoch, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, News Corporation
- José María Aznar, former Spanish Prime Minister, President, FAES - Foundation for Social Studies and Analysis
- Natalie Bancroft, Director, News Corporation
- Peter Barnes, Chairman, Ansell Ltd.
- Chase Carey, Deputy Chairman, President & COO, News Corporation
- Joel Klein, executive vice president, News Corporation
- Kenneth E. Cowley, Chairman, R.M. Williams Holdings Pty. Ltd.
- David F. DeVoe, Chief Financial Officer, News Corporation
- Viet Dinh, Professor of Law, Georgetown University
- Rod Eddington, Non-Executive Chairman for Australia and New Zealand, J.P. Morgan
- Andrew S.B. Knight, Director, Rothschild Investment Trust C.P.
- James Murdoch, Chairman and Chief Executive, Europe and Asia, News Corporation
- Lachlan Murdoch, Chief Executive, Illyria Pty Ltd.
- Thomas J. Perkins, Partner, Kleiner, Perkins, Caulfield & Byers
- Arthur M. Siskind, Senior Advisor to the Chairman, News Corporation
- John L. Thornton, Professor and Director of Global Leadership, Tsinghua University of Beijing
- Stanley S. Shuman (Director Emeritus), Managing Director, Allen & Company LLC
Largest shareholders: Murdoch Family Trust, Lachlan Murdoch, James Murdoch, Stanley Shuman, John Nallen, Chase Carey, Prince Al-Walleed bin Talal, remainder: Free float (as of November 2010).
- What cures are for pollution
- What Indian media are Bikau
- Can be love without faith
- Which film could possibly not have a sequel
- Does anyone know the speed of time
- What is chloroplast
- Do you like wood carving
- My artwork is copyright infringement
- Why did the devil turn on God?
- What is global optimization
- Are hedge funds expensive
- Can psychopaths instantly create a new mask
- Who are higher Chettiars or Gounders
- There was ancient Greek civilization
- What is the best mobile cleaner
- How do I analyze sounding missiles
- The country code is 20
- Which is the saddest soundtrack in Bleach
- Should I have taken my meal
- Which organizations do pure mathematical research?
- What disabilities prevent someone from driving?
- Who is Bella Hadid
- When did Pakistan become a member of the RCD
- What is ROM 1