40 smartphones are reliable
How dangerous is fast charging for my smartphone?
The wrong charger can permanently damage the battery of a smartphone - and even start a fire.But how do I know which method will charge my smartphone safely, quickly and reliably? The most important questions and answers about battery charging.
With the charging cable supplied by the manufacturer, smartphone users are on the safe side. But it is not always the best choice. Because when it comes to accessories, people like to save. It is possible that the smartphone supports fast charging, but the cable supplied does not offer the wattage required. In addition, the devices are quickly broken or lost.
It is easy to get a replacement in the electronics or travel market. But the choice is huge. We explain how you can find the right charger for your mobile phone and what you need to consider when using it.
Can I only use the charger from the cell phone manufacturer?
No. You can use any charging cable from any manufacturer. Provided, of course, that the connector fits your connection. Three standards have established themselves on the smartphone market: Micro-USB, USB-C and Lightning. The latter connection is only found on Apple devices.
Especially with USB chargers, there are sometimes considerable differences in price and quality. This article explains what to look for when buying.
Are cheap charging cables dangerous?
Yes! No-name products often do not comply with safety regulations and are often not properly insulated. CE marks are often forged - here you can find out how to recognize it. Such electronic parts can literally be a fire hazard and destroy connected devices. In the case of cheap products, the charging electronics can also be bad or missing entirely.
Do you have a topic that could be of interest to the digital department? Or would you like a guide with digital reference? Write us an email to "[email protected]"
Are all power supplies the same?
A power supply unit is the plug with which the charging cable is plugged into the power socket. The output voltage of tested power supplies is 5 volts. The output power is usually between 2.5 and 12 watts. The charging current is between 0.5 and five amps. You can find this information on or in the packaging - or on the power supply unit.
Manufacturers such as Samsung and Huawei rely on fast charging technologies with names such as "Quick Charge" or "SuperCharge" for their new top devices. Here the battery is charged with a significantly higher voltage and amperage than usual. Powerful power supplies with 25, 30 watts or more are used.
Can a too strong power supply destroy my battery?
No, because there is no more charging current than the cell phone can handle. This is ensured by the charging electronics in the battery.
So don't worry: even if your smartphone doesn't support fast charging, it can be connected with such a cable. As always, the following applies: only under supervision and not overnight!
Do all charging cables charge the same speed, regardless of where they are connected?
No. The fastest way to charge a smartphone or tablet is to use a power supply unit that supplies the necessary amps, works together with the battery electronics and supports the same charging protocol. This should usually be the included power supply.
Apple's iPhones have also been able to charge faster since the iPhone 8. The group only supplies the charger required for this with the current top device, the iPhone 11 Pro. All other devices - including the iPhone 11 - are delivered with the old standard storage device. If you want more charging power, you have to buy the expensive charger (35 euros) and a compatible charging cable (25 euros).
Can devices with fast charging technology only be connected to powerful power packs?
No, devices with fast charging technology can also be connected to weaker power sources, you just have to wait longer until the power storage is full. Incidentally, it takes the longest on a USB socket on a PC or laptop: USB 2.0 supplies 0.5 and USB 3.0 only 0.9 amps.
Note: An error in the designation of current standards for charging cables has been corrected.
- What is cbs offline error
- What is the difference between surgical procedures
- Why MBBS is so tough and tough
- What is 11wickets com
- What are the 5 management styles
- What is the psychology behind fear
- Why is Reddit so liberal
- Why did Allah make me unattractive
- Which country does Simona Halep come from
- What is a great film or a great book
- Which artist influenced you the most
- What's wrong with going to bed early
- How do you attract employers on LinkedIn
- Acoustic guitars can have jumbo frets
- What could you suggest to President Trump
- Are Democrats eager to redistribute wealth
- Occurs in Kwashiorkor in adults
- What are the awards Indira Gandhi has received
- Is Hulu Plus canceled
- How could a weak press weaken democracy
- How do we solve problems without money
- What are you most afraid of cats?
- How many feet are there in 4 meters?
- Why have Mormons stopped practicing polygamy?
- How do I find Excel formulas
- How do you integrate Mailchimp into etapestry
- What is the FGC Fighting Game Community
- What is Formica wood
- Which behaviors are not learned
- Judy Garland was an alto
- What is Post Marxism
- How is the Veltech University campus
- Have you ever nearly died running?
- What state do you reach after meditation