Can fried peanuts make us fat
The peanut is not a fruit or vegetable but a legume. (Photo by: © Pavel Mastepanov / fotolia.com)
Peanuts are actually not nuts at all, they belong to the Legumes. They have a light brown shell that usually contains between one and four kernels. They are surrounded by a thin, reddish-brown skin that tastes a bit bitter and is therefore usually removed before eating. The peanut shell can be up to five cm long.
Info: Peanuts are also used to make peanut oil, peanut butter, and peanut flour.
The peanut comes from the Andes in South America. It is believed that it has been known there for many millennia.
A warm climate is required for the cultivation of peanuts, which is offered to them above all in the USA, India, China and West Africa. Other important growing countries are Sudan, Senegal, Argentina and Brazil.
Fresh peanuts are mostly from September to February available. Fresh produce is not available in summer. During this time, peanuts that have already been shelled can of course be used.
Fresh peanuts can be recognized by the fact that its surface is shiny and still firm. If the kernels have already turned a little darker or are even shriveled, it is better not to buy them.
Info: Peanuts have a low water content, but are made up of almost half of fat.
Storage & durability
Peanuts have a long shelf life. If they haven't been peeled yet, they can be in a place that dry, cool and dark is to be overwintered. Other storage locations are not recommended, as in many cases a fungal attack can then be detected.
Once a pack of shelled peanuts has been opened, the nuts should be consumed within a few days, as the fat they contain can quickly go rancid.
From a botanical point of view, peanuts are not nuts, but they still have a similar taste. It is similar to that of almonds, but is usually a little more earthy.
Use in the kitchen
Peanut butter is often served as a sauce or spread. (Photo by: © Brent Hofacker / fotolia.com)
In most cases in this country you buy peanuts that have already been peeled and roasted. They are particularly popular as a snack in between, for which they are often also salted.
Info: Shelled peanuts are also sold, they are typical during the Christmas season.
Peanuts are part of what is known as “trail mix”, but are also popular in Nougat creams or peanut butter used.
When cooking, peanuts have a permanent place, especially in Asian cuisine, where they are used in a variety of wok dishes.
Peanuts also look great in muesli, cookies, cakes or fruit salads.
Info:Roasted peanuts have a very intense aroma. To roast peanuts yourself, simply spread the peeled nuts on a baking sheet lined with baking paper and roast them for around 20 minutes at around 180 degrees top-bottom heat - turning every now and then.
Our recipe recommendations:
Nutritional value / active ingredients
- What is remarkable, however, is that high protein content (around 25 grams), which is over a quarter.
- Around 50 grams of peanuts already cover the daily vitamin E requirement.
- Notable minerals are sodium, calcium and iron.
- Peanuts can lower blood pressure and help blood clot. Of course, the antihypertensive effect only occurs when it comes to unsalted peanuts. Then they are particularly low in sodium.
- With a high magnesium content, the nuts strengthen both muscles and the brain.
- Vegetarians in particular should regularly incorporate peanuts into their diet, as this is how they are supplied with valuable protein (= vegetarian protein source).
Danger: Peanuts are pretty fat and a real one Calorie bomb. 100 grams of the nuts contain almost 600 kilocalories, only 7 grams of carbohydrates and consist of almost 50% fat.
Rating: Ø 4.2 (50 votes)
- What are some reasons why Brexit would fail?
- What are some good work habits
- Why was Russia reconciled with Assad
- Why is Formula 1 so uncompetitive
- Are you a buyer
- Loses AWS to Oracle
- Who pays more NASA or ISRO
- Is it okay to give police donuts
- Is a BSc in Chemistry
- How can an asexual person be romantic
- How can I combine medicine and robotics
- Ruined Arsene Wenger Chamakh
- Conspiracy theorists are fear makers
- Find ClickFunnels very expensive
- What is an example of a human glitch
- Keeps long nails unhealthy
- What is the dual table in Oracle
- Why did Facebook share soar
- How do I deal with the medical faculty
- Can a ghost harm you physically
- Why is Colcannon called Colcannon
- When dictatorship can be better than democracy
- Where will Paul McCartney tour in 2015
- How do taxi owners make money