How to become like Kalpit Veerwal
JEE main topper Kalpit Veerwal proposes to solve the paper question of previous years from the candidate countries
JEE Main topper Kalpit Veerwal
JEE-Main 2018: Correction facility available in Aadhaar card, changes to jeemain.nic.in
CBSE versions of the JEE Main 2018 admit card at jeemain.nic.in
Tips to avoid stalling in the JEE Main - Do's and Don's
Since Kalpit Veerwal took the top of the JEE Main Exam last year, life has changed 360 degrees for him. He got admission to the prestigious IIT Bombay in his favorite course - B-Tech in computer science. During the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) as a tough nut to crack, this Udaipur boy scored a perfect 360/360 marks.
With his remarkable achievement, he made it to the Limca Book of Records for getting the first student to score 100 percent in the engineer entrance exam. Kalpit's record score was listed under the “General Services” category of the 2018 edition. With only a few days left for JEE-Main 2018, indianexpress.com talks to the topper and finds its strategy.
A topper throughout
Veerwal has always claimed the first position since he was in Grade 2. His ideas were clear and he developed a love of math at a young age. His parents (mother is a teacher and father a male nurse) made sure that he and his brother stay focused on studies. “I took PCM as I am fond of math, and therefore my knowledge is never limited to just natural books. I gained knowledge from other writers' books as well, ”he said. It is his consistent approach towards his subjects that he scored 95.2 percent on class 12 boards.
Kalpit relied on the study material given by teachers as well as he kept brief notes by himself. “I never wasted time in other activities. Like many engineering aspirants, I started preparing for the exam when I was in grade 11. I stayed consistent and, on average, gave about 13 hours to study in a day. In fact, during the past couple of months I have been relatively less dedicated time than I had already finished with my revision, ”Veerwal said.
During the last few days before the exam, taking short notes helped him revise the main points in the subjects. Mock tests in confidence coaching classes. In the last week before the JEE he only solved sample papers and practiced filling OMR sheets. “The question papers in previous years from 2013 to 2016 - reinforced my confidence. In addition, students should also read NCERT how much has been done from the course books, ”he said.
How to keep the balance of the mind?
It is not easy to be calm these days. Veerwal made a point of spending family time watching comedy shows to emphasize the bust. “I watched TV for at least half an hour in a day. I played keyboard music is therapeutic, ”he said. However, as students aged, he kept away from social media. “I used to use the internet only for study purposes. It is only now that I have started my own page on Facebook with JEE aspirants, ”he said.
Like many students, Kalpit got a bit nervous while taking for the exam, but he increased his morale. Sure, his achievement, just after the exam he started preparing for JEE Advanced. “I revised my vulnerabilities and solved more mock tests. I have 109 rank in the advanced, ”he said.
Kalpit Veerwal playing guitar IIT Bombay
Life in IIT Bombay
Pursuing engineering in his dream college has put a new level of confidence in Kalpit. He is active in various competitions like Mr. Frischer and has started to learn the guitar too. “It's always good to be surrounded by like-minded people. Is there a competitive environment that brings out the best in you. I also read a lot of educational materials related to computer science. I want to innovate but haven't decided anything yet, ”said the topper.
For all of the latest training news, download the Indian Express app
© IE Online Media Services Pvt Ltd
- What is the easiest level of math
- Is frankincense worse than second-hand smoke
- What is the biggest myth about politics
- Why is my steering wheel vibrating
- How would you describe the sin
- Why do smarties dissolve in water
- How good is the Chahal Academy
- What is cbs offline error
- What is Time Swappers
- How has Instagram influenced the modeling industry
- Why is gravity affected by distance
- Why is Yelp stock so volatile?
- Help hookworm allergies
- Why do food intolerances occur
- Whales have necks
- What is Business Class with Continental Airlines
- What are the products in Amazon's FBA
- How does love relate to freedom?
- Most of the world will be underwater
- Where can I find Joomla usage statistics
- How does Gerrymandering affect the Supreme Court
- Why can't we trust Amazon reviews
- Batman is nothing without his suit
- Does God have any weaknesses
- What is a moral theory
- What are the best solutions for eyebrows
- Why isn't Skype uninstalled?
- What is 35 7
- Does minoxidil work on Baerten
- Would you like to buy Gmail accounts
- What are the admission criteria of COMEDK
- Who can completely change the Indian education system?
- Why we always want to find perfection