How target settings work
What are goal settings?
The content designer must take several steps to create a KPI with actual and target values that a user can update at runtime.
The figure shows each step required in the process. For more information about each of these steps, see Description of Task Flow Steps for Setting Goals For procedural information about using the KPI Editor to create a KPI with goal settings, see Creating KPIs.
Describes the task flow steps for setting goals
The following list describes each step you need to take to set up KPI target settings.
Add actual and target values to the KPI - In the KPI Editor: General Properties page, in the Actual Value and Target Values fields, enter the values with which the status and evaluation of the KPI are to be determined. Currently, you can only create one KPI for each Essbase data source.
Mark metrics as not read-only so that users can update actual and target values - In the KPI Editor: General Properties page, use the Not Read-Only check box to specify which values the user can change. You can make either or both of the values non-read-only. If you select the Not Read-Only check box, the KPI Editor: Data Entry Security page appears as the last page in the navigation sequence in the KPI Editor (see How do I create a KPI?).
Select the business rule - In the KPI Editor: General Properties page, use the Post Update Business Rule list to specify the calculation script. Oracle BI EE uses the calculation script to recalculate the data after the values have been changed by the user Repository Administrator uses Oracle Essbase to create the data source and calculation scripts that are displayed at design time. For additional information on calculation scripts, see Requirements for Setting Up Target Settings in KPIs.
Assign security at the segment level - In the KPI Editor: Data Entry Security page, specify how to secure the data. To secure the data, create segments that define a collection of read and write access permissions at the cell level. The segments can then be assigned to specific Oracle BI EE users.
- How can I hypnotize myself to study
- Why can't film piracy be legalized?
- Why do students buy projects
- What is a brown field project
- How do I perform subqueries in MongoDB
- What is your favorite David Baldacci novel
- Where are VPN servers located
- What is potassium hydroxide hydrogen
- What is the largest city in Mexico
- What are some good festivals in Portugal
- Are there triad bands in Seattle
- How is the equity for a startup calculated
- Why should pregnant women eat leafy greens?
- Is Mariah Carey still relevant
- How can I save a baby hummingbird
- What does MITM
- How can I look gorgeous
- What if God were elected President?
- What is a UV sterilizer used for?
- Why do people hate Africans
- How does AeroFS compare to Dropbox
- How far does the truth require faith?
- What dose CQY means in Chinese
- Is it worth buying Destiny 2 Forsaken
- Only poor people are nice
- Why is Hawkeye so underrated
- What are the healing properties of selenite
- Why are African designers poor
- How loyal are Taylor Swift's fans
- How does a variation arise in a population
- What are the best guacemole recipes
- What is PMI 1
- Can a Russian dentist work in Dubai
- Where can I have mirror TV frames