What rappers are from Pittsburgh
The Russian composer Peter Tchaikovsky (1840-1893) might not have done much with the music of the Canadian rapper Drake. Now the two collide, at least musically.
The symphony orchestra in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, wants to mix three movements from Tchaikovsky's 5th Symphony with more than a dozen titles by Drake. "For some it may be an unusual mixture, for others it may be downright repulsive," said conductor Steve Hackman about the concert scheduled for March 22nd. "These two composers have more in common than it seems, especially their pervasive sentimentality and the compelling and authentic way in which they express it."
Three vocalists and a rapper are to perform together with the orchestra to superimpose the texts and melodies of the three-time Grammy winner over the music of the classical composer of the Romantic era.
Many people don't categorically rate music by genre, Hackman said. "They understand that good music is good music, no matter what. Whether it's a symphony orchestra or a synthesizer, a hundred-member choir or a single rapper. In this case, there is no reason Tchaikovsky and Drake not live together in a concert experience can."
Hackman has often combined classical and pop music as a guest conductor in various US orchestras. These included compositions by Johannes Brahms with music from Radiohead, Ludwig van Beethoven with Coldplay, Béla Bartók with Björk and Aaron Copland with Bon Iver.
This article was automatically imported from our old editorial system to our new website. If you come across display errors, we ask for your understanding and a hint: [email protected]
- Is it possible to suffer without emotion
- What happens when a seroma is calcified
- Are Eclipse programming IDEs free
- How can I change my cell phone?
- Should you be doing keto with hypoglycemia
- What are the benefits of Boswellia
- What is the job of customer service
- A snake will hear noises
- What is supercell
- Constant fear of death is normal
- What does first strike mean?
- Is Tailwind Plus worth the price
- Is Derren Brown's The Push real
- What does identity change
- What is the reason for London's location
- Adi Shankaracharya became one with Mahadev
- In which business there is no loss
- Define population distribution
- What are some complications of gum disease
- How did Patanjali conquer the market
- Where and how are HP printers made
- Is there a NEET coaching in Jhansi
- Pakistanis watch the Indian Premier League
- Is a vakalatnama evidence in a court