Sharpie is poisonous to dogs
"Öko-Test": felt-tip pens, many products are poisonous
Felt-tip pens not only contain a good portion of chemicals, they also create a lot of plastic waste. But many children just love the disposable pens because their colors are particularly bright.Almost everyone loves felt-tip pens, because the colors are particularly bright. The consumer magazine "Öko-Test" wanted to find out whether the products are classified as hazardous waste or whether there are brands with which parents can confidently let their children paint.
Pens should be made in Europe
According to a study by the testers, many felt-tip pens contain problematic ingredients. Of the 20 felt-tip pen sets tested, six received the grade "sufficient" or worse. When choosing felt-tip pens, parents should pay attention to their origin. The fiber-tip pens manufactured in Europe according to the supplier are all "satisfactory" or better, reports the magazine in the 5/2010 issue.
Full of poisons and partly unsaleable
The bottom line is that the situation has worsened compared to the last test of felt-tip pens in 2001. Only a quarter of the products are without major defects. The rest is full of questionable and / or problematic substances. For example, toxic cadmium was detected in the red pen sleeve and in the packaging of the markers from Faber-Castell. The pen should not have been sold because it exceeds the limit values of the Chemicals Prohibition Ordinance many times over. Other pens also give cause for criticism. The laboratory found increased lead levels in three markers, for example in the Herlitz pencils. Jürgen Stellpflug from "Öko-Test" adds: "When children nibble on a pencil, for example, there is a risk that the lead will be absorbed by the body - the toxic heavy metal has been proven to be soluble in stomach acid."
Not for children's hands
Foil pens with inscriptions such as "permanent", "all-purpose markers" or "whiteboard pens" are generally taboo for children's hands, advises "Öko-Test". Because they contained rapidly evaporating organic solvents.
Which pens are allowed in the pencil case?
However, the little artists do not have to do without their felt-tip pens. The "Crayola Supertips felt tip pens" from Vivid and four other products score "very good". The testers rated seven products as "good". Parents who buy fiber pens made in Europe are also largely on the safe side. Because these are all "satisfactory" or better in the test.
Important NOTE: The information is in no way a substitute for professional advice or treatment by trained and recognized doctors. The contents of t-online cannot and must not be used to independently make diagnoses or start treatments.
- Do you love the law
- What is Houzz's revenue
- Does psychodynamic therapy change your personality
- What sound libraries do video producers use
- In which states have you been
- Why does peanut butter taste so good
- What's your best dream or memory
- Triedak has increased memory performance
- What is a real leather sofa
- How much are interns paid in Karnataka
- What if God doesn't care
- IPv4 is more commonly used than IPv6
- What do Americans think of Shetland?
- What exactly was a pager
- Who is spamming you the most on Quora
- Can Israel live with a nuclear Iran
- On what basis do university professors evaluate
- What's wrong with fantasizing about good results
- Has anyone made their own salami
- Is Islam a race
- Most CEOs are daredevils
- Good posture is important
- What is worse, gambling addiction or music addiction
- How many floors are there in Florida
- What is stabilization as used in transistors
- How small is a GPS tracker
- Freedom of choice is a delusion
- Who is the greatest artist in history
- Which planes have quieter journeys?
- Is marijuana good for your health 2
- Where can we buy a packaging bottle
- What is the psychology behind fear
- What is the best diesel pickup
- Is political ideology biological