What is the advantage of fretless haelsen
11. Necks: continuous, glued on, screwed - crazy?
It's actually obvious: not just the wood, but also the wood Construction type of an instrument contributes decisively to the Overall sound of the bass. This part therefore deals with the question of whether the bass neck should be better screwed on (bolt-on neck), continuous (neck through) or glued (set neck).
Screwed or glued
Once again, the following applies: which type you choose depends largely on your personal needs and preferences! Basically it can be said that screwed and glued necks a slightly faster response favor and through the more percussive character are particularly suitable for concise, rhythmic playing styles. The better the transition from the neck to the body, the better the sound, because a badly glued neck sounds just as bad as an inaccurate screw connection!
A continuous neck logically also forms the middle piece of the body, to which the side body parts are then glued. This construction also has a slightly different sound characteristic: basses of this type generally become one somewhat more homogeneous tone produce. Their response behavior is a bit slower, so that the sound builds up more slowly, but the sound is preserved a richer bass and more "cultivated" character - and above all a great sustain (which means that the notes fade away for a very long time).
Critics sometimes lack the assertiveness with continuous necks, especially in the band structure. On the other hand, continuous necks are particularly well suited for carried passages due to their longer and more stable sustain - especially fretless basses, which can produce a wonderful singing tone with a continuous neck!
Roughly speaking, a continuous neck results in a softer, warmer and longer sounding tone, while a screwed or glued neck in direct comparison favors a harder and lighter character.
However, these descriptions can only point a very rough direction. The differences in sound and response behavior can be completely different from bass to bass, because numerous other construction details also play an important role in the development of the sound!
- Quora is monotonous
- Synthetic meat is dangerous to eat
- What are the strangest vegetables
- How do I get addicted to cutting?
- What are the aftermath of psychotherapy
- Why are black cats considered to be good luck charms?
- The Paleo Diet promotes heart disease
- Electromagnetic waves disrupt computers
- Can we hear air
- Who wins Queen or Def Leppard
- Where do startups host their interns?
- How are LGBT rights in India
- Which fruit name starts with SU
- What is demonizing cable television
- The mixture is called generator gas
- Dry mouth is common at night
- How do animal husbandry practices benefit farmers?
- What are some really good litigation speeches
- What makes Xtrabyte worth buying
- What is a project management control system
- What is dynamics in physics
- How do people make apps
- What is the technical architecture of 8tracks
- What happened to dressing in airplanes