What are compulsive eating habits
Diet: The compulsion to eat healthily
The other day was another one of those days. I was hungry, but neither time nor inclination to cook “something right” for myself. So I put a frozen pizza in the oven. And immediately felt guilty afterwards. Because who is with healthy diet busy, of course, knows that such a pizza is a no-go. I'm not proud that I ate the pizza instead of making myself a salad. On the other hand, I'm glad that I can still eat them just like that. Because the desire to eat healthily can also overshoot and overshoot obsessive-compulsive traits accept.
When did healthy eating become so exhausting?
Magazines and magazines are full of tips on how to proper nutrition. However, all of this is nothing compared to the good advice that is pouring down on us on the Internet. With regard to the “only true” form of nutrition, a new sow is constantly being driven through the village. Today vegetarian, vegan or wholesome. Morning Ayurveda, Stone Age Food, Low Carb or Low Fat. Not to forget various fasting and purification cures and all in the spirit of the health. In addition, more and more new foods are on the index. Which means that someone who naturally reaches into the bread basket in a restaurant or orders a normal dessert will, in the best case, reap curious looks from the health-conscious companions.
The advertising, which is supposed to be special healthy food comes into focus, does the rest to confuse us. Is a simple apple still enough or is our soil so depleted that it no longer contains any vitamins? Are normal cereals enough or should it be those enriched with vitamins? Simple yoghurt or, for the sake of health, better probiotic? It seems like we can do so much wrong with food - and hardly anything right.
The path to pathologically healthy nutrition is creeping
The confusion is great and so is the desire to to eat healthy. So nutrition-conscious devour everything that deals with the topic - until it becomes compulsory at some point. A successful change in diet, which in the beginning may even help to make certain complaints disappear, can also be the starting point for a pathologically healthy diet. For example, by awakening the desire to still Dive deeper into nutrition and maybe do a little more for your health. Until in the end there is hardly any acceptable food left and thoughts obsessively revolve around healthy eating. Just go to a restaurant or even eat the pizza mentioned above? Impossible.
The compulsively healthy diet (orthorexia nervosa) is still not recognized as a disease. And yet those affected suffer enormously. Dr. Osen - chief physician for psychosomatic medicine at the Schön-Klinik in Bad Bramstedt - says:
“Those affected try in an exaggerated way to avoid supposedly unhealthy or harmful foods. And this idea of having to eat healthily can grow to such an extent that other important areas of life, such as social contacts, are neglected. "
5 signs of a drift into orthorexia
Not everyone who just likes to eat healthy is an orthorectic right away. But there are eating habits that are a warning sign:
- Only foods whose nutritional value can be precisely understood are eaten.
- Food is only acceptable if its origin can be traced beyond any doubt.
- The diet becomes extremely one-sided.
- Deficiency symptoms occur due to the unbalanced diet.
- The thoughts only revolve around supposedly healthy nutrition, other areas of life fall behind.
The compulsively healthy diet is considered to be behavioral nutritional disorder. And consequently, in the event of a drift into orthorexia, it is advisable to get competent help on board. So that eating does not become a burden, but is linked to fun and enjoyment. For as did Socrates say: "We don't live to eat, we eat to live."
Photo credit: (c) iStock.com/lola1960
- What Makes You Trust a Website 1
- What is a good substitute for flour
- What is the cause of a spontaneous mutation
- What's your rating of IGATE
- Why do I always think of women
- Is there any benefit to introspection
- What can motivate an addicted child?
- What are the branches of physical chemistry
- What does not mean?
- How do I reduce my big butt
- Should cigarettes be banned from society
- Are OEM products authentic
- Well worth the city map of Reykjavik
- What was Japan's demographic change
- What is outbound marketing in digital marketing
- Our aura depends on our thoughts
- Are all democratic governments corrupt
- How do you stay calm in difficult times
- Why is toluene insoluble in water
- Which state is best suited to clearing CPA
- You can take Zyrtec and Singulair
- Is parallel opposite perpendicular
- Is Ron Perlman white or Middle Eastern
- What is trypophobia fear of holes