Can lithium be used to treat anxiety
Treatment options for generalized anxiety disorder
CBT is not only beneficial for anxiety. It can also relieve other conditions, such as depression, that can be associated with an anxiety disorder. Since this requires a direct confrontation with one's own fears, the treatment itself can sometimes be stressful. In general, adverse effects of psychotherapy have not yet been well investigated in studies.
One is offered by behavior therapists in Germany and covered by statutory health insurances. It usually consists of weekly sessions over several weeks or months. It consists of two parts: a "cognitive" part, which deals with thoughts and feelings, and one that deals with behavior.
The aim of the cognitive approach is to change fear-inducing thought patterns by learning
- to recognize and question unrealistic fears and worries,
- assess the actual probabilities and consequences of fear triggers and
- deal with uncertainty.
An example of frightening thought patterns are "catastrophic" thoughts, such as immediately drawing extreme, exaggerated conclusions about the extent of the supposedly impending disaster as soon as something disturbing happens. If such thoughts are recognized with the help of the therapist, one works to reduce them or to deal with them better. In this way, CBT ultimately helps you think more clearly and better control your own thoughts.
The second part of the is about gradually reducing fear in certain situations and changing behavior. In doing so, you face fear in order to gradually overcome it. For example, a working mother who keeps calling kindergarten to make sure her child is safe could gradually reduce the number of calls she made. In order to facilitate such behavioral changes, the also teaches what can help to keep calm - for example breathing exercises or relaxation techniques.
- Are there still summer camps
- When the exhaust fan wattage is different
- What can investments do in my life?
- Why does the dollar tree sell meat
- How long was Ted Kennedy a senator
- Why can't football teams fire players?
- Why are some rashes similar to scratches
- What are some interesting fonts
- How do I meet the Dalai Lama
- What do we learn from MBA 1
- How good are liquid antibiotics
- How do I avoid being hit by the stars
- Why does my friend like to beat me up?
- What would happen if Iran disappeared?
- What is MALTITOL
- What's wrong with Alphabet Calico
- How is Scientology
- How do the Russians see socialism
- Georgi Malenkov succeeded Stalin for a short time
- Are there ghosts in real life 2
- How did the automatic voting start
- How can I learn Swedish quickly
- Is A350 safer than B787
- What is 5G and 6G technology