What is the kinetic isotope effect
to directory mode
Area of Expertise - Reaction kinetics, physics
To investigate reaction mechanisms (reaction mechanism) one makes use of the fact that an isotope substitution (e.g. deuterium or tritium instead of hydrogen) has a measurable effect on the reaction rate, but not on the reactivity. This fact is called the kinetic isotope effect.
A distinction is made between the primary isotope effect, in which an atom is exchanged for its isotope, and the secondary isotope effect, in which an atom in the vicinity of the reacting group is substituted.
Deuterium or tritium are the most frequently used isotopes because they show a maximum mass difference, are easily available, can easily replace hydrogen in syntheses, and are analytically detectable.
See also: kinetic analysis, isotope effect
Learning units in which the term is dealt with
Clarification of reaction mechanisms (overall)100 min.
chemistryOrganic chemistryReaction mechanisms
This learning unit deals with the principles and methods for elucidating the reaction mechanisms of organic reactions. The subject areas: identification of the products and intermediate products, isotope labeling experiments, stereochemical studies, kinetic isotope effects, crossover experiments and studies of the reaction kinetics.
- Has an earthquake ever stopped a battle?
- Akhrot and walnuts are the same
- Why doesn't my Archos tablet turn on?
- Jupiter has a core like the earth
- What are some examples of epitheal
- What were the achievements of Napoleon
- Why do some cats have threatening eyes
- Why do I love Christmas parties
- When was the Quoras Android app released?
- Who is Grandmaster Deepak Rao from India
- What is social practice
- Which course is better BJMC or BCA
- Can you suggest some good mystery films
- Why aren't Chromebooks very popular
- Which is better for scripting Java or Python
- How is the Gausss law derived
- What is the Ayurvedic Medical System
- What are the top 5 SEO tools
- Our innermost feelings and thoughts are important
- What is the best vaporizer for weeds
- What can fit in a blender
- Is it a sin to hurt someone else?
- How expensive is liposuction for men
- What was the operation booklet
- What is your opinion on Quora's advertising
- Intelligence is actually common sense
- What does a geologist do every day
- Enables 3D printed skin feelings
- What is the D.
- What are the types of suspension bridges
- Acoustic guitars can have jumbo frets
- What are some misunderstandings about Canada
- Why are arches the most stable structure