Why do people like Costco so much
Costco tops Consumer Reports' satisfaction survey
When it comes to keeping customers happy, Costco does a better job than any other major retailer in the country.
At least that is the result of an extensive survey by Consumer Reports.
“People like a lot of Costco,” says senior editor Mandy Walker. "They were very happy with the quality of the things they bought there and the price they paid."
The National Research Center of Consumer Reports asked more than 26,000 subscribers about their ping experiences on 10 of the largest American chains: Costco, JCPenney, Kmart, Kohls, Macys, Meijer, Sam’s Club, Sears, Target and Wal-Mart. They rated the stores and their websites for quality, selection, value, customer service and checkout.
The report just released highlights the biggest complaints about slow-moving walk-in stores, poor service, and out-of-stock items. It turns out that in many cases the customers were happy or satisfied on the retailer's website. After all, you don't have to wait in line for the checkout online.
Costco was the only one of the 10 chains that received excellent quality for the goods both in brick and mortar stores and on the website. Above-average values were achieved in all 10 product categories assessed, including jewelry, sporting goods and entertainment. The Costco website received high marks for value and ease of navigation.
But Costco wasn't perfect. The stationary stores are rated below average for selection and service. Customers were also dissatisfied with the long queues at the checkout.
Other highlights from the Consumer Reports survey:
- Macy’s rated the product quality as better than average. It has received high marks for its kitchen and personal care products.
- Kohls and JCPenney achieved above-average ratings for the quality of their goods in all categories in which sufficient answers were obtained.
- Sears, Costco, and Sam’s Club were selected as the best places to buy hardware.
- Target's ping experience was rated as average on average, and the website was rated as not particularly easy.
- Wal-Mart and Kmart achieved much less than other retailers. Kmart was the only chain that was below average. It also received low ratings for selection, service, and checkout.
- Wal-Mart can point to low prices, but respondents told Consumer Reports that they got better value at Costco and Kohl.
- Almost a quarter of Wal-Mart employees (23 percent) who returned an item to a store last year said they had a problem. That is significantly more than at the other retailers. Consumer reports say the general complaint was that they were only offered shop credit.
Discuss this post on Facebook.
- What is the type of compressor
- Will produce Lego Lego Fortnite
- What is the HC Verma of Mathematics
- Why are projectors so bright
- Why do rats spread diseases
- What is the windiest continent
- Occurs in Kwashiorkor in adults
- Are there punks in prisons with minimum security?
- Who does the patented ABS belong to?
- What is qualitative data analysis
- What is the real horror
- Can I run away from a lion
- Windows Defender is good
- What is the best cannabis fertilizer
- Is boron a metalloid
- Which is the best SAP institute
- How do you put motivation into action
- How is driving at night different
- Why did Ramdev name his brand Patanjali
- Why do card readers use GPRS
- Why is evolution necessary for the organism
- Which instrument measures the liquid volume or the liquid capacity
- Why are plasma televisions going away