What is a Hotmail Account
Shot up Hotmail account in Outlook
What to do if the previously properly working Hotmail account no longer works after an update?
This tip concerns an Outlook update: Specifically, it concerns the MicrosoftOffice (2016) installed under Windows 10, as the previously perfectly functioning Hotmail account (also applies to Live- and Outlook.de/com-Accounts) no longer after an update ran and neither received mail nor sent new mail. Because various repair attempts failed, only a complete new account setup helped. We'll show you how to configure it using Hotmail as an example.
That's how it's done: Open Outlook (2016), then click on “File -› Account Settings - ›Account Settings” in the upper left corner and switch to the “Data files” tab. Make a note of the directory in which Outlook saves the “…@hotmail.com.ost” file. Now mark the relevant account in the list, click on "Remove" and confirm the deletion with "OK". Quit Outlook and use Windows Explorer to delete the existing ost file.
Now set up your Hotmail account in Outlook again using the IMAP protocol as shown below. Open the “Account Settings” again in Outlook and select “New -› Manual Configuration… - ›Next -› POP or IMAP - ›Next”. In the first two fields, enter your name and your email address, for the account type below please change the default setting to "IMAP" and then go to the entries "imap-mail.outlook.com" for the incoming mail server and "smtp-mail.outlook" .com “with the outgoing mail server (SMTP). For the “login information”, repeat your full e-mail address as “user name” and then enter the associated password below it.
Instead of clicking directly on "Next", first click on "Additional settings". Then activate the options “The outgoing mail server (SMTP) requires authentication” and “Use the same settings as for the incoming mail server” in the “Outgoing mail server” tab. In the "Advanced" tab, enter 993 in the "Incoming mail server (IMAP)" field and activate "SSL" as the encryption option, under "Outgoing mail server (SMTP)" 587 and "TLS" are the correct settings. Now complete the setup with “OK -› Next - ›Finish”. The download and thus the listing of all messages received so far takes a while, depending on the Internet connection.
Tip:Boring Outlook with ingenious plugins - for free
- Greasy food causes dehydration
- Do Instagram Stories Sound
- How is thermodynamics irreversible
- What qualities make someone a Bollywood superstar?
- How will electric cars disrupt the oil industry
- Why is Agra being renamed
- What is the best song for fighting music
- Will KCR win the 2019 elections
- Are mandatory donations legal
- What's so great about cinnamon
- Like life in Pune and Bangalore
- What is a compiler directive
- How do I gzip a WordPress site
- Who is rich Dhoni or Messi
- How to fix old cars
- Why are AWS technicians paid so much
- What are some resume scams
- Why did Qyburn become loyal to Cersei
- How was your teenage girl best or worst
- Should my company be using NetScaler or Docker
- Does minoxidil work on Baerten
- Did Stalin demand any territory from Turkey?
- Solitude makes you spiritually stronger
- What is lingerie and stocking belt