What is your rating of XAMPP
Local website testing with Xampp
If you want to set up a test environment for your PHP developments or even a production environment for internal use in a matter of minutes, there is hardly a way around Xampp. The package developed by Kai Seidler and his team has all the necessary components for, for example, a Test online shop installation locally: web server, MySQL database, FTP and e-mail server. Another plus: Xampp is available for all relevant platforms. XAMPP offers a wealth of possibilities. However, in order to benefit from them, you should make various adjustments to the environment.
The basic configuration of the Xampp system is not particularly restrictive in terms of security. Because Xampp is not originally intended for production use, but primarily as a development environment. The basic configuration has the following security weaknesses, which must be closed in the next step:
- The MySQL administrator (root) does not have a password.
- The MySQL daemon can be reached over the network.
- The ProFTPD daemon uses the password lampp.
- The phpMyAdmin installation can also be accessed via the network.
- MySQL and Apache run under the same user ID (nobody).
You can start the security check via the Xampp start page, which will list exactly these vulnerabilities in the event of a new installation. Your Xampp installation has a small script that you can use to change these settings. You call it up with the following command: / opt / lampp / lampp securityIf you are running XAMPP on a Windows system, you can also change the settings via the web interface. The script guides you interactively through the various steps required to change the passwords. With the execution of the script you have secured your Xampp installation against the most important attack options. Then run another security check to ensure that all settings are now secure. After running the security script and another security check, some vulnerabilities have been closed, but by no means all. It goes without saying that in the productivity test you should close any security gaps that the test reveals. The Windows version now also has a security check and a PHP form that can be used to check and change the settings In this example, the check indicates six vulnerabilities:
- These Xampp pages can be reached via the network.
- MySQL Admin User root has no password.
- PhpMyAdmin can be reached over the network.
- The Filezilla FTP password is still there wampp.
- PHP does not run in safe mode.
- A Pop3 server like Mercury Mail is not running or is blocked by a firewall.
Access from the Internet
If you have set up a content management system, an online shop or another application locally in your Xampp environment and want to make it accessible via the Internet, but do not have a permanent Internet connection, but rather use it, for example Realize DSL, this is possible via DynDNS.
You must pay attention to this with the terms and conditions
Logistics in e-commerce
- Who is your favorite mom and why
- What are programmable network routers
- How many views are going viral on TikTok
- How to use search on Netflix
- Where does Batman get his devices from?
- Can you decipher the word DOGO?
- What do you mean by business opportunity
- How can I achieve greatness
- What is self-loathing from?
- What do moles mean
- What is your opinion on VoIP
- How hackers make game console exploits
- What do you know about Windows applications
- Which countries have no stock market
- Who is Jeff 2
- Why should I choose MBBS?
- Education is a big problem
- There are old fashioned rock stars these days
- Who is open to a business opportunity idea
- When did Canada outlaw slavery?
- What is the full form of ECOM
- How good is SafeAuto's breakdown assistance
- Presbyterians Believe in the Rapture
- What is phase sequence and phase angle
- What political affiliation is Michelle Wolf from
- What is milk tea
- What is the credit system in VIT
- Can cats get sick after eating lizards?
- Which framework is better bootstrap or skeleton
- What is a supersonic boom
- If x 2 5x what is x
- What is the fear of pediculophobia
- What is Idli Kueche