What does it take to be brave
Be brave: this is how you get braver (a guide)
- Anais Nin
When was the last time you were really brave?
How long has it been since you really challenged yourself?
When was the last time you did something that took a lot of courage?
- (pause for reflection) -
Hm? A long time ago?
You always read diligently here, but you haven't really implemented a lot of all of this yet?
Then, my dear friend, it's time to take first gear and face your tasks. Because one thing is certain: there are no results without action.
No action -> no results
I know ... I know ... Your challenges are extra difficult ... You have already tried a couple of times but ... they just require enormous courage and you can't muster that yet ...
Well my friend, do not despair, because that's exactly why I'm writing here for you!
Table of Contents
108 tips for a strong self-confidence
Enter your name and your e-mail address below and I'll send you 108 tips for a strong sense of self too. Guaranteed good. And guaranteed free:
No spam. No bullshit. Unsubscribe at any time with one click!
Be brave - What it does NOT mean
What is courage anyway? What does being brave actually mean?
It seems to me that a lot of people have the wrong idea of what being brave actually means ...
Some believe that someone is brave when they sweep the highway at 250 km / h or jump parachute and only pull the rip cord at the last moment. However, that has little to do with courage. It is rather the search for an external "kick" and very often means that this person is inside empty and unfulfilled feels.
Take the same person and tell them to approach their dream woman / man and in 9 out of 10 cases they will look embarrassed in the air. Hah, where has the courage suddenly gone?
Being brave doesn't mean holding your hand in the fire and slowly counting to ten. Or balancing on the railing of a motorway bridge. This is just STUPID.
How confident are you
Find out with this quick self-esteem test:
Start test »
What is courage really?
To be brave means:
- to do something that will advance you in life, even though you are afraid of it
- Knowing the risks of a project and realizing that nothing really bad can happen to you
- ignoring your internal alarm sirens trying to keep you in your comfort zone
- to act ALTHOUGH you are afraid
To be brave does not mean not to be afraid! To be brave means to walk right through fear.
Whether your action is brave or not also depends entirely on your individual point of view:
If you have never spoken up at school or in your studies / job, then your first request to speak is brave. Or if you voluntarily give a lecture despite mega stage fright ...
The first time you approach a stranger out of the blue on the street, that's brave.
If you just try something completely new (e.g. liquorice ice cream), then you are brave.
So don't let others give you a definition of what is brave and what is not. Make your own definition. If you've done something that took courage, pat yourself on the shoulder and be proud of yourself.
You are brave!
Become braver step by step - that's how it works
But enough of the definitions ... You've probably been wondering: "How the hell am I getting bolder now?"
Start with tiny things and increase slowly, step by step. And that every day. Continuously.
Personal change takes time. Especially when it comes to becoming more courageous and learning to deal with your fear - you can't practice enough. So try to challenge yourself a little every day.
That can mean:
The great thing about it is that you can practice it all day. All you have to do is get out on the street and you're good to go. The possibilities to challenge yourself and grow are unlimited. The only thing it takes is your will!
Once you get into action, you will notice the following:
The more you face these tiny challenges, the easier it will be for you. And the easier it is for you to find these tiny challenges, the easier it is for you to tackle the next bigger challenges. And so on…
Courage gives courage
Every time you overcome yourself and show courage, you will become stronger and more confident.
You can imagine it like a plant:
- if you water a plant regularly, it will grow - just like your courage if you give it you train daily
- Every now and then you can give your plant an extra growth spurt with fertilizer - the fertilizer corresponds slightly bigger courage actions
- pouring a whole bucket of water on your courage plant at once doesn't do anything - avoid so some grandiose ones Quick actionthat in the worst case even demotivate you if they go wrong
- take care rather with small continuous actions for your courage - because if you don't take care of it, it will die just like the plant
For example, when I lie down on the street (see video), then of course for a short time I get an enormous boost in self-confidence and feel more courageous. Two days later (if I haven't done anything in the meantime), the feeling disappears quickly and my everyday reactions are just as brave / cowardly as before.
Quick action can briefly boost your self-confidence. But they only bring you something if you support them with smaller, brave actions on a daily basis.
Free self-awareness training
Learn 7 simple tricks that will help you increase your confidence immediately. Just enter your name and email address below and off you go!
Guaranteed good. And guaranteed free of charge. Have fun!
Do I have to do courage exercises every day now?
Does that mean you have to work on yourself every day all your life? Depends on! If you don't want to rust, then yes!
However, you will find it more and more fun over time! You will gradually reach a stable level of self-confidence that will not go away anytime soon.
It is very likely that in this state you will face completely new challenges and achieve goals that you would never have dared to dream of before!
As I said: courage gives courage. And once you have reached a corresponding level, it will be much easier for you to deal with your fear and leave your comfort zone.
Brave the action: a few suggestions for you
Because theory is necessary, but alone does not lead to change, here is the all-important price question:
What tiny thing can you still do today that takes a little courage?
How, you can't think of anything? Let me give you a hand:
- Take to the street and ask at least 3 people for the time
- Do a handstand on the street
- Intentionally speak 10% louder
- Clap your hands properly three times (on the street or elsewhere)
- Go to the neighbor and invite him for a cup of tea
- Ask at a kiosk if you can get something for free
And here you will find a lot more exercises: 30 exercises for more self-confidence
Did you pick out a little thing? Yes? Wonderful! Then start growing your courage plant today.
And I say goodbye with the words:
So fresh! Brave to work! Because the world belongs to the brave!
PS: To really get started, get my book. It contains all the essential ways of thinking and tips that have helped me tremendously in the course of my development, to stand up for myself courageously and to tackle new things easily and to see them through to the end.
- How do you end a professional email
- Radio show guests are paid
- Are all democratic governments corrupt
- Where can I get professional accounting services from
- Why should I choose UNSC for MUN
- Is the god kind or terrible
- How long did you work
- What's next for mainstream engines
- Which technology is the best electronics or chemistry
- Why do helicopter pilots wear helmets
- Which companies are actually operating 24 7
- What should I know about graphic design
- In which areas is Australia a leader?
- What is the Resorcinol Manufacturing Process
- Are these people really Japanese special forces?
- How to encrypt grayscale images
- Is Dolby Atmos much better than DTS
- Is Utah considered a western state
- Inverter can have AC star rating
- How do you read music faster
- How can I download Call of Duty?
- Which messenger do you use and why
- What exists at the head of God
- Who is bodhisattva
- How do I understand the Arduino scheme
- How is the DevOps market
- Why are capital markets interesting
- What is the average age of the founders
- How can I reduce my home expenses
- What is a Kates Clothing Reverse Auction
- Cleanse yourself when you feel sick
- What surface did Van Gogh paint on?
- Who can bring questions together