What are types of prototypes
Prototyping has long been a widespread principle in software development. But what exactly is it and what is the difference to a mock-up?
The reason for the existence of both principles is that Develop common groundthat help the customer on the one hand and the development team on the other hand with communication. Concrete modeling helps both parties, one better understanding of the target system to build up.
Are there Prototype working designsthat already contain basic functionalities. Mock-ups, on the other hand, are dummies and usually have no functionality, so they are not enriched with program logic. Mock-ups can give the customer a clearer picture of the end result than a partially functional prototype.
A prototype as the first step to software
Prototyping is on Start of a software project for developing a pattern. It is a process that is used in software engineering. The subject of prototyping is Development of an executable software or a software componentthat covers certain core functions. The process is cheaper because it takes less time than complete development. The prototype can be created and tested. Errors can thus be recognized early and change requests can be better taken into account than with the finished software.
The use is especially recommended when the final Requirements and Specifications for the complete software not yet worked out become. It can be viewed as an iterative process that takes place between the development team and the client.
The following types have emerged, among others: Exploratory, experimental and evolutionary prototyping. There is also rapid prototyping for the rapid production of a sample.
1. Exploratory prototyping - identification of different solution approaches
The exploratory prototyping is used to give the developers an insight into the area of application, to discuss various approaches with the client and to assess the implementation possibilities. For this purpose, a prototype is developed based on the application and customer ideas. Exploratory prototyping is primarily about the functionality of the system and less about its (optical) quality.
2. Experimental prototyping - clarification of an overall system
Experimental prototyping takes a different approach. All sub-systems should be fully defined for later implementation. The function of the subsystems should then be verified and the respective interfaces checked. The focus is therefore on the individual components and their interaction.
3. Evolutionary prototyping - step by step to the end product
Evolutionary prototyping is about a step-by-step system development. The system is to be built up step by step according to the exact, defined specifications. Each intermediate step serves as the basis for incremental further development based on further specifications. Evolutionary prototyping is a procedure in which the prototype basically represents the finished product.
Software development at kreITiv
In summary, we see prototyping in software development as an efficient technique to involve future users in the development at an early stage and continuously. This reduces the risk of undesirable developments and customers are significantly more satisfied with the end result.
As a team at kreITiv, we also know about the added value that prototyping brings with it and are increasingly relying on this tool in order to work with the customer from the beginning on every project uniform and common understanding of the end result to develop.
Share this entry
- What is Sweden national and cultural events
- How does federalism work in Russia
- Which book is best for feeling math
- Who sings starlight star bright
- What are some cool Swift tricks
- Should Disney have a gay princess
- What is specific resistance
- Where did Tiffany Trump go to college
- Should terrorists caught be tortured
- What do investors want
- Which eyelash growth serum works for you
- What is the most advanced programming language
- What are the benefits of Boswellia
- What is the Atoms For Peace program
- What does Actinidiaceae
- Women should wear makeup in bed
- What is x if 3x 2x 5
- What is NFC
- Why does Antarctica have no capital
- Why do helicopter pilots wear helmets
- How would you write Aeropower in Japanese
- What jobs do computer engineers do
- Is India's education system well organized
- What preposition is used after drinking