Who built the Rameshwaram Bridge
As the longest bridge in southern India, the Pamban Road Bridge (also called Annai Indira Gandhi Road Bridge) connects the mainland highway (NH 49) with the city of Rameswaram on Pamban Island, in the southern state of Tamil Nadu. Thanks to the turquoise waters that stretch from both sides of the bridge, the drive along this engineering wonder is recognized as one of the most beautiful in India. The 2,345 meter long bridge was built in highly corrosive water. It took 14 years to build.
The bridge was opened on October 2, 1988 by Indian Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi. The bridge's predecessor, a railway bridge connecting Rameswaram to the mainland, opened on February 24, 1914. In 2018, after the base of the railway bridge was damaged, it was closed so only the road bridge was in operation.
The best time to travel across the Annai Indira Gandhi Road Bridge is the dry season, October through April. Rameshwaram, which has tropical climate, is too humid and rainy during the monsoon season. On arrival in the city, it is worth visiting the Ramanathaswamy Temple, which is dedicated to the Hindu god Shiva. This temple is a sacred pilgrimage site for Shaivas and Vaishnavas. It is also the closest Indian city to travel to Sri Lanka. There is actually some geological evidence that the island may have been associated with Sri Lanka in the distant past. According to a legend, god Rama built a bridge from Rameshwaram to Lanka to save his beloved Sita from the evil Ravana.
Find hotels and airbnbs near Pamban Bridge (map)
- COPPA will ruin all of the family's YouTube channels
- What's outside the fence in Divergent
- What is 4P
- How to write good converting emails
- Which is the best picture you edited
- Which YouTube channels have I subscribed to?
- Backlinks from other countries help with search engine optimization
- How is hydrogen iodide made
- Who started the NASA space program
- How often do you lose your temper
- How do I send
- It was worth it to prepare for exams
- How do you become great at billiards
- Which is better CEG vs PSG
- What is metaphysics about
- What are some of the best startups
- Do SRM and VIT offer good placements
- How do you compare hotels
- Why should people buy from me
- How are your desktop icons and apps arranged
- Fade red stretch marks
- What qualities must every telecommunications engineer possess?
- Support medical marijuana
- Proper use of source or source for