How should you wash your vagina
Intimate hygiene 1x1The most important tips for intimate hygiene
You can read here why a yogurt cure on your own is a stupid idea and why you should go to the toilet regularly. These are the most common mistakes and the most important pieces of advice for intimate hygiene for women.
Our intimate area can sometimes be a very sensitive one. That is why correct and, above all, gentle care in the intimate area is very important. Anyone who does not take the following dos and don'ts into account when it comes to intimate hygiene will quickly be sent back: An uncomfortable feeling, itching and, in the worst case, infections such as vaginal thrush or bacterial vaginosis can result. Our tips for the right care for women will help you to maintain the optimal intimate flora and intimate hygiene.
These are the most important intimate hygiene dos and don'ts
+ Healthy intimate hygiene is also related to the water temperature. If you wash the vulva too hot, you risk dehydration and disturbance of the intimate environment. The water should therefore be at most lukewarm for maintenance.
Postpone toilet break
- Anyone who feels the urge to go to the toilet should do so too. If you stop this urge unnecessarily, you run the risk of harmful bacteria collecting in the urine, which not only damage intimate hygiene, but in the worst case can trigger cystitis. This is quite common in women.
Wear natural fibers
+ Intimate hygiene is not just a cosmetic matter. The choice of underwear also contributes to a healthy genital area. You sweat faster in synthetic fibers, which means that germs and bacteria unnecessarily get into the genital area, which in turn cause infections. Breathable, high-quality underwear made from natural fibers such as cotton (e.g. from Calida, Thokkthokk or Organic Basics) is better suited for the skin in the intimate area.
Use friend's razor
- For intimate shaving, you should only ever use your own razor to prevent unwanted germs and bacteria from getting into the vagina. You should also change your razor blades regularly. This also means that there are fewer shaving bumps on the skin.
Use special care products
+ The environment of your vagina forms an important protective barrier for this very sensitive area. Only when the pH value is constantly between 4.0 and 4.5 does the vaginal environment remain intact and healthy. Only products with a similar pH value should therefore be used for intimate hygiene and not the conventional one
Use fragrance sprays or deodorant
- Fogging the genital area with deodorant or fragrance spray does not help. Even with the usual shower gel, you are doing yourself and a vagina a disservice. The alcohols and fragrances contained could irritate unnecessarily. It is better to put a few drops of sage or lavender oil in the slip. These natural oils have an antibacterial effect and naturally smell good. Be careful: a bad smell often indicates an infection.
+ Drying the genital area thoroughly after cleaning prevents unwanted bacteria from settling. It is best to always use a separate towel for the genital area to dry.
Make yogurt packs
- An old home remedy recommends nourishing the genital area with yogurt - or even inserting a tampon soaked in yogurt into the vagina. The reason lies in the similar bacterial cultures of yogurt and the vaginal flora. Such yogurt packs can also bring unwanted germs into the vagina and cause more harm than good.
Boil towels and panties
+ Proper washing also contributes to good intimate hygiene. Bacteria that settle in the fibers are only killed by high temperatures. Towels and underwear are therefore best washed at 60 degrees. Alternatively, you can also add a hygienic rinse - it's available in every supermarket.
- A lot doesn't always help a lot. This is especially true for intimate hygiene. Because the more often you wash, the drier the skin becomes and the balance of the vaginal environment is out of step. It is sufficient to wash once a day with warm water. On days when you have hardly sweated, even cleaning with a damp washcloth is sufficient.
Cover picture: Ella Gomez / Unplash
Please enter a valid email address & accept terms and conditions.
Thank you very much! You have successfully registered for our weekly newsletter. We have sent you a confirmation email.
- Where's Truemmer
- How do I delete a transaction message
- What is the translation for this text
- Which stock exchanges does TBC accept
- Girls like intelligent boys
- Which data structures are used in Prolog
- Why does Bigfoot scratch horses
- What are alternatives to polystyrene
- How can I differentiate myself from others?
- Washington DC is a polluted city
- Is phenylephrine a type of pseudoephedrine
- Do you live according to your father's expectations
- Is currency manipulation illegal
- How do we solve problems without money
- Can transparent materials reflect or absorb sound?
- How is a Cartesian equation calculated
- Why MBBS is so tough and tough
- If money could speak, you would listen
- What happens when a seroma is calcified
- What screams, I'm overcompensating for something
- What happened to the diaspora
- Is DD News good for UPSC preparation?
- Why is there so much Medicare scam
- How do you choose the best desktop