How often should one use microdermabrasion crystals?
At the beginning of the dermabrasion there is always a detailed discussion with your doctor. Together you will discuss the goals of the treatment and what your personal expectations, wishes and ideas are. You will also receive information about the process as well as the risks and side effects. The doctor also determines your skin type, examines the skin and examines changes such as scars, age spots or wrinkles.
Dermabrasion: surgery under anesthesia
Dermabrasion is a major procedure that is best carried out in a clinic and with an experienced doctor (e.g. a specialist in plastic and aesthetic surgery). Otherwise the cosmetic result may not be as desired or there could be complications.
The type of anesthesia will depend on how extensive the treatment is. The German Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery advises you to let yourself be put into a twilight sleep during dermabrasion - so you hardly notice anything from the skin abrading. In principle, the procedure can also be performed under general anesthesia. If you only have smaller areas of the face treated, local anesthesia and sedatives may be sufficient. If you decide against general anesthesia, you can also have the dermabrasion carried out on an outpatient basis in a clinic or a specialized doctor's practice.
The process of dermabrasion can be described as follows:
- The doctor mechanically grinds the upper layers of the skin with a rotating diamond grinder or a steel brush. How deep it grinds depends on the exact skin problem you have.
- After dermabrasion, the skin is red, swollen, wet and bleeding.
- The doctor smears a nourishing ointment on the skin to support and accelerate wound healing. In addition, the ointment prevents the formation of crusts and scars.
- He then applies a thin bandage to protect the skin from infections with bacteria and other pathogens. You must have the bandage changed regularly after the treatment.
- The procedure itself takes about 45 to 60 minutes - depending on the extent of the treatment.
How often should dermabrasion be done: Dermabrasion usually brings a good result with a single treatment, which can last for several years - but not always, for example if you go out in the sun a lot or smoke. Sometimes you need to repeat the treatment to get a satisfactory result. Discuss with your doctor how much time should pass between treatments. The new procedure should only take place when your skin has regenerated.
Local anesthesia (syringe, ointment) is also necessary for microdermabrasion. If larger areas of the skin are to be treated, general anesthesia is sometimes advisable. The process of microdermabrasion:
- The finest crystals such as salt, sand or aluminum oxide are used. Another option is diamond microdermabrasion, in which diamond grinding heads are used to grind the top layer of skin. In addition, microdermabrasion can also be performed with an ultrasound device.
- The doctor or beautician "shoots" the skin with the crystals with the help of a powder jet device. The crystals are sucked off again via a vacuum.
- After microdermabrasion, an ointment is applied to the treated skin area to improve wound healing.
- This is followed by a bandage or plaster to protect the skin from infection.
- The microdermabrasion can take between 15 and 60 minutes - depending on the skin change and the treatment goal.
How often should microdermabrasion be performed: You can repeat the microdermabrasion several times to achieve the desired effects. The total number of times you can use microdermabrasion depends on the treatment goal you want to achieve. It is best to discuss this with your doctor.
However, it is important to leave enough time between treatments so that the skin can recover. As a rule of thumb: repeat the microdermabrasion every four weeks. In the case of acne scars or pigment spots, shorter intervals of two weeks may be advisable.
Microdermabrasion or fruit acid peeling: Fresher and smoother skin can be achieved not only with microdermabrasion, but also with fruit acid (by the way, microdermabrasion with fruit acid does not exist). The fruit acid peeling peels off the top horny layer of the skin and smoothes it.
10 to 70 percent fruit acids, which are also found in citrus fruits and almonds, are used. The doctor spreads the gel-like acid preparation onto the skin with a brush or pad. Due to the acid, the top layer of skin dies and the complexion should appear fresher and more even. The effect usually lasts for six to twelve months.
- Why did Concorde planes fail?
- What are metallic minerals
- Can humans ever speak to animals?
- What are the best songs by Celine Dions
- Have Indians ever been restricted to reservations?
- How little things change your life
- One Direction stopped making songs
- What are all the factors of 96
- Which biology group is the best
- How do you create an API
- Does oxygen have a color?
- Which prevented Path from gaining popularity
- Have Wyvern Hoerner
- What is open B-tuning
- So is your smartphone your computer
- Is Chris Benoit still alive?
- Olympic lifters reduce weight
- Which colleges in India are AACSB accredited
- What are professionals
- Is reliable at mypayingads com
- Johnny Depp has children
- How did Lake Michigan come about?
- Pay Tik Tok to be famous
- How is the DevOps market