Time machines are theoretically possible
How does time travel work?
This would also raise the worrying question of what would happen to our concepts of cause and effect if time travel into the past were possible. The most famous of these puzzles is the so-called grandfather paradox. Suppose you travel back to the time when your own grandfather was still a young man. He is killed (maybe accidentally), which means either your mother or father will not be born. This in turn means that you are not born yourself and therefore cannot travel through time and kill your own grandfather.
Do multiple timelines exist?
Over the years, physicists and philosophers have pondered different solutions to the grandfather paradox. One possibility is that the paradox simply proves that no such journeys are possible. The laws of physics must somehow prevent time travel into the past. This was also the view of the late physicist Stephen Hawking, who made this rule chronology protection conjecture (German: Chronology Protection Hypothesis ”) called. Mind you, he never specified the actual physics behind such a rule.
But there are other, more fascinating, solutions as well. Perhaps time travel to the past is possible, and yet time travelers cannot change the past no matter how hard they try. Effingham, whose book “Time Travel: Probability and Impossibility” was published in early 2020, puts it this way: “You could shoot the wrong person or you could change your mind. Or you shoot the person you think is your grandfather, but it turns out that your grandmother was having an affair with the milkman and that was your grandfather all along. They just didn't know. "
This also means that the much-discussed fantasy of killing Hitler before the outbreak of World War II cannot be implemented. "It's impossible because it didn't happen," says Fabio Costa, a theoretical physicist at the University of Queensland in Australia. “That's not even an option. We know how the story developed. There is no second attempt. "
- What does MeV mean in physics
- How accurate is the documentary Indias Daughter
- What causes short-term memory
- How should I prepare for IT jobs
- What material consumption for the boiler construction
- What is the formula for partial pressure
- How does the geographical location affect technological innovations
- Who the hell is Kawaki
- When should you get a flu vaccination?
- What is the simple ratio of 5 9
- Always says right faster
- Is it important in life to have children?
- What is the formula for calculating ratios
- Salt Lake City is a desert
- What do you expect from your CEO
- Can violinist play the cello
- Who regulates antitrust laws
- Why is CaOCl2 neutral
- Has anyone been cured of MS
- How do I restart my life 2
- What is the DiffServ QoS model
- What is the value of humility
- How can I get less neophobic?
- How many months is Serena Williams pregnant