What does good UX IA
Everyone is talking about UX design. We at HDNET also “do” UX. Sonja Steinkühler and Fabian Judaschke are available to answer questions and report on their experiences.
Tell us briefly who you are and what you do at HDNET ...
Fabian: My name is Fabian. I've been with HDNET and Digital Business Engineer since 2011. My job is to take a holistic view of digital products and services and to increase the value of digital applications in cooperation with my contact persons. The wishes and goals of a company play a major role here. They have to be combined in the applications with the user's wishes.
Sonja: I'm Sonja, with HDNET since 2012. My main area of responsibility is the user-centered conception of digital products. This includes UX design, especially with a focus on usability and information architecture (IA).
For the noobs among us, explains in a few sentences what UX is.
Sonja:User Experience (UX) means the user to focus on his user journey and user experience. User experience is what a person experiences on an emotional level when they use an application. Contact with the products and services that the person uses should be as pleasant as possible and inspire the user. Information architecture and usability contribute to this. Specifically: the consideration of IA and usability is a prerequisite for achieving good UX. Central questions in the UX process are “Why does the user want to do something?”, “What does he want to do?” And “How does he want to use it?”.
UX has become more and more present in recent years. What do you think that's the reason?
Sonja:UX has definitely been around for a long time. For successful products, it has always been important to focus on the user so that the design doesn't ignore him. In general, the standard that users have of products is also increasing. Many companies are therefore optimizing the customer experience for their customers more and more. Numerous new digital and user-centered products are constantly coming onto the market that focus more on the user and compete with their own products. In addition, the technical possibilities have increased. New technologies and channels give the user ever easier opportunities to help design products and use them frequently.
How do you measure the usability of a product?
Sonja: Ideally through user tests, for example over-the-shoulder tests or interviews. Previous data of any kind, e.g. from on-site tracking tools, should always be evaluated. You have to make a clear distinction between usability and UX. Usability is the usability of products: Does the user achieve the desired or my promised goal with this feature and does the operation meet his expectations?
How do you contribute to designing a good IA?
Sonja: First of all, you should ask yourself the question: What information does the user need in my application? That means, you have to take the user's point of view. Under no circumstances should the user end up in a frustrating dead end. The right information has to be placed in the right place or a path has to be shown that leads to it. Practical methods are card sorting, a story board, workflows, interviews and proto personas.
Fabian: It is important to sort out information that is not needed. It may also be necessary to proceed radically. We solve this in the form of a prioritization.
The next part of the interview is about UX design in specific development projects. You can find the article here.
In the interview, the masculine form is chosen for personal nouns and pronouns, nevertheless the information relates to members of both genders.
- Which pain reliever is best for toothache
- Who is Malek al Assad
- What are vertical winds
- What will happen in Westworld Season 2
- Gluten can affect memory
- Can use glycerin for oily skin
- When will my chocolate lab calm down?
- Why are German hospitals so overrated
- Are GrubHub and DoorDash the same
- What's your favorite anecdote from Donald Trump
- Are LED lamps safe for closed lights?
- Who would win Kaguya VS Hagoromo
- How do I stop being toxic online
- Why is the judicial system so unjust
- Have wild animals ever been relocated?
- What do Mexicans fear most?
- Where do decisions in the brain come from?
- Can we incarnate into the past?
- Are IISERs best suited for studying astrophysics
- Which Indian city is the sleepless city?
- How do I start a crowdfunding platform
- How does a realist see the world
- Why do people hate QR codes
- What is a hypothesis in criminal justice
- What drives most people to murder
- Was someone really nice to you yesterday
- Who are Barelvi
- How is Maharaja Agrasen in Delhi
- Are gas electric bicycles legal
- What is the Boeing 737 800
- Are my thoughts good enough
- What is the work culture in Airbnb
- The repeal of the Jones Act would help Puerto Rico
- How does dehydration affect the human body?