Why does my mouse pointer disappear
Windows Windows 10: Mouse pointer gone - what to do?
It can also happen with PCs that use Windows 10: The mouse pointer simply disappears or freezes. How to solve this problem and find the disappeared cursor again, see this article.
Disconnect and reconnect the mouse
The first thing to do is to make sure that your mouse is properly connected to the PC. Is the cable properly plugged into the socket? Try other USB ports as well, if possible use a USB 2.0 port. Also test the mouse on another computer. However, it often helps to disconnect the mouse from the computer and then reconnect it. It doesn't matter whether the mouse is plugged directly into a USB port or communicating with the computer wirelessly, which is the case with Bluetooth mice.
Restart the computer
Sounds easy, and often it is. Restart your PC, the cursor may reappear afterwards. To restart the PC without a mouse, first press the key combination [Windows] + [R]. An input field opens. Here you enter: shutdown -r -t 0. Confirm with [Enter]. Your PC will then restart immediately.
Change batteries or activate touchpad
Bluetooth mice communicate wirelessly with the PC. Therefore, you need your own source of energy, usually batteries. Replace them if they are empty or too weak. If you do not use a mouse but a touchpad, this must be activated. Depending on the device, you have to use one of the F-keys or double-tap on a certain point on the touchpad itself.
As with other hardware, there is also driver software for the mouse. If the Windows 10 mouse pointer has disappeared, reinstalling the driver can help. You need the control panel for this. Follow our step-by-step instructions or take a look at the quick start guide.
Emergency solution: control the mouse pointer with the keyboarddisplay
If your mouse is broken and your device doesn't have a touchpad, you can use your keyboard to control the pointer. Follow our step-by-step instructions or take a look at the quick start guide.
Quick guide: Reinstall the mouse driver
- Press [Windows] + [R]to open the input field. Enter there: "shell: ControlPanelFolder"and press [Enter].
- In the control panel you navigate with tabButton to "Device manager"and press [Enter].
- Press the [tab] Button and then use the to navigate Down arrowKey up to "Mice and other pointing devices". Press the Arrow to the rightButton to unfold the devices.
- Choose by Down arrowKey on your mouse and then press [Enter].
- Use the [tab] Button until the tab above is selected. With the Arrow keys (right / left) then switch to the tab "driver"and navigate there by [tab] Button to "Uninstall device". Confirm with [Enter].
- Finally, navigate using [tab] Button to "Uninstall"and confirm with [Enter]. Then disconnect the mouse from the PC, restart it and reconnect the mouse to reinstall the driver.
Brief instructions: Controlling the mouse pointer with the keyboard
- Press [Windows] + [I]. In the settings press the [tab]-Button.
- Then go with the Arrow keys to "Ease of use"and press [Enter].
- Use [tab].
- By Down arrow go up to "mouse"and then press [Enter].
- With the [tab] Button go to "Control the mouse using a numeric keypad".
- If the slider is selected, press the [Space bar] to activate the function. If the number pad on your keyboard is activated, you can now use it to control the mouse pointer.
- What is post
- Can Jesus Christ make someone rich
- Why are we still using Craigslist
- Which leads to Bitcoin stagnating at 4000
- Where can we learn the flute in Ernakulam
- Why are arches the most stable structure
- Why do I have to join CEPT
- What would Annabeth do when Percy died
- How does mechanical engineering begin
- Which countries are BIMSTEC countries
- What does the name Riya mean
- Have to read grammatically correct
- PhD students working in physics at SpaceX
- Why not ask
- What is suspension
- Which entrepreneurs were successful after the age of 50
- How can I meet Neymar Jr
- What do you eat with naan
- How old was Galen Marek
- How do I find references for volunteering
- What is a CHM file
- Why do people often die at dawn
- Why are oxidizing potatoes bad
- What is the best portable heater