Is Bernie Sanders a polite person
According to US authorities, Russia wants to support Bernie Sanders
(afp) According to estimates by the American authorities, Russia wants to support the Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders in the primary campaign. This was reported by the Washington Post newspaper on Friday.
American officials had informed the left-wing senators that Moscow wanted to help its election campaign as part of an interference in the Democratic primary, it said. At first it was not clear in what form this should be done.
In response to the report, Sanders forbade any form of Russian influence. Unlike President Donald Trump, he does not see the Russian head of state Vladimir Putin as a “good friend”, said the current poll favorite in the democratic field of applicants. “To be honest, I don't care who Putin wants as president (of the USA). My message to Putin is clear: 'Stay out of US elections, and as President I will make sure you do that.' "
Division of US society
The US authorities assume that Russia wanted to support Sanders in the 2016 primary campaign against his rival Hillary Clinton in order to drive a division in society and ultimately to help the Republican candidate Trump. While Clinton prevailed against Sanders in the Democratic primary four years ago, she finally lost to Trump in the presidential election.
According to current media reports, the US secret services assume that Russia will also intervene in the US election campaign this year - in favor of incumbent Trump. The Russian government denied this on Friday, Trump himself spoke of a “new disinformation campaign” by the US Democrats.
The dispute over the intelligence service assessment was possibly the reason why Trump fired US secret service director Joseph Maguire this week and replaced him with the US ambassador to Germany, Richard Grenell.
Sanders is ahead
Sanders is currently ahead in polls for Democratic presidential candidates. But observers are wondering whether the 78-year-old could beat incumbent Trump in the presidential election in November. The Senator represents positions that are far to the left by American standards and could thus drive away many voters in the political center. Trump has already called him a “communist”.
According to the US secret services, Russia manipulated the 2016 presidential election campaign in particular through a campaign on online networks such as Facebook. For some time, the authorities have feared that Russia could interfere in the US elections this year as well.
- What rappers are from Pittsburgh
- Which Android mobile phone app are necessary
- Where can I learn Docker
- What are some common misunderstandings about Nagaland
- How is NMIMS Bangalore for the undergraduate degree
- What does TAC stand for
- What is the oldest magazine
- Trump father would be proud of him
- What is the GCD number
- Cinematographers make good money
- Which is the best educational district
- When do sunflowers bloom in Texas
- Is there a Jewish culture in Toronto
- What is a strategy example
- Which universities have conservative professors?
- How can I learn math online
- What is the AC amplifier
- Will Dhoni comply with the ICC
- What ethnicity do these people have 1_ no_redirect = 1
- What are some useful pages on Facebook
- Which financial reports should I buy
- How do I convert nii to jpeg
- Had the old Romans surnames
- Is Sunrun too good to be true?