What happened when WBC increases
frequently asked Questions
This error message results from a security feature activated by default, the code integrity check. This can be activated or deactivated in AxProtector for your protected application. This option can be found in the AxProtector GUI on the "Security Options | Advanced" page. The -cav parameter activates this feature on the command line.
The code integrity check checks the integrity of your protected application and DLL's, so that it can be ensured at runtime that the files are your original files and that no manipulated files are used. In addition, the integrity of the memory in the process area of your application is checked with every 2nd check at runtime. If, for example, a third-party program changes something in the process space on the memory of your application during runtime, the "Code Integrity Check" terminates your application for security reasons, e.g. to prevent reverse engineering and manipulation of the application during runtime.
A description and more detailed information on the code integrity check can also be found in the separate CodeMeter developer manual in the chapters "Automatic software protection with AxProtector | AxProtector tab | Windows application or DLL | Security options | Extended security options" and "Automatic software protection with AxProtector | Command line options for AxProtector | Settings for encryption processes ”.
If the "Code Integrity Check" strikes incorrectly, this may also have been triggered by an anti-virus program, for example, as these often have mechanisms that check the memory area of running applications and often also change the data in it. In such a case, it is advisable to remove your protected application from an anti-virus check and enter the application as an exception.
This behavior occurs when the number of transactions contained in your Firm Security Box (FSB) has been used up. Then you can no longer use your Firm Code to program an empty CmContainer.
In order to be able to provide you with further transactions, please contact our sales department, e.g. via [email protected]
If you use a Firm Code 1xx.xxx or 5.xxx.xxx (i.e. no Universal Firm Code with 6.xxx.xxx), we also need a context file, which you should send to [email protected]
To create the context file for your FSB, proceed as follows:
1. Connect the FSB to the computer.
2. Open CodeMeter Control Center.
3. Select the FSB in the license tab on the left.
4. Click the "License Update" button.
The licenses are read in and the CmFAS assistant opens.
5. Select the options "Generate license request | Extend existing license | Firm Security Box Item (99)" on the following wizard pages.
6. Specify the path and file name under which the context file will be saved.
Error 231 occurs when an attempt is made to occupy a license on a CodeMeter license server whose license access rights exclude the client.
Please open the CodeMeter Control Center on the server and use the WebAdmin button to open the WebAdmin web interface.
Navigate here to "Settings | Server | License access rights".
There are two different modes for the license access rights:
- Simple: A simple whitelist that defines which clients are allowed to use a license.
- Extended: A set of rules with Active Directory integration that allows more complex configurations (Windows only).
In most cases, the simple mode is sufficient.
Now check which clients have already been entered and, if necessary, add all clients that should also have access to the licenses. For this you have to use either the IP or the DNS name of the client.
If you want all clients to have access and there are no special restrictions, use the simple mode and empty the list completely.
After you have made the changes you want, restart the CodeMeter service.
To do this, you can use the menu option "Action | Restart CodeMeter Service" in the CodeMeter Control Center.
If the problem persists, create a CmDust.log of the client and server and send it to us.
Event 91 occurs when an attempt is made to re-establish encrypted communication with a CmDongle too often within a certain period of time.
For security reasons, the CmDongle limits how often an encrypted communication was established within a certain time in order to make the automatic analysis of the communication with the help of common hacking tools more difficult. If the event 91 occurs, this means that the dongle has locked itself in order to prevent further attempts to establish encrypted communication. This lock is valid for 5 minutes. During this time, the CmDongle must remain connected without attempting to establish new communication. That means just leave the dongle plugged in for a while and wait until the lock has released.
The limit has been chosen so that the lock should not take effect during normal use. So if you have this event, it means something is wrong. Most of the time it is due to a faulty USB port or controller. The best thing to do is to test it on a different port or PC. If it happens again and again on another PC, it is possible that the CmDongle could also have a technical defect. In this case you should replace the CmDongle. Before doing this, please make sure that you do not use 3rd party software that affects USB communication and therefore interferes with / prevents encrypted communication.
When error 229 occurs, it is not the update file (* .WibuCmRaU) that is decisive, but the request context file (* .WibuCmRaC) used for programming the update.
An update must have already been programmed from this context file and imported into the CmContainer. An update was then programmed from the same context file and an attempt was made to import. The error then occurs because the CmContainer already has a different status from the import of the first update than in the old context file, which is then used again for the second update.
Each CmContainer contains an update counter, the "Firm Update Counter" (FUC), which has a certain status. A context file is now created from the CmContainer. This now also includes the current status of the FUC.
- How fast were the trains in the 1880s
- What is a one-time password
- What is the use of nasal strips
- Why is the Shiraz wine so good
- How are non-leafy metamorphic rocks formed?
- What is rooted
- What is the DiffServ QoS model
- How does Naruto know that Hinata loves him?
- Why are phone plans so expensive in Ontario
- Do you want to be killed?
- What are some delicious low calorie meals
- What will happen in Avengers 3
- What are the committees in MUN
- This is how the Paytm Bus Tickets Service works
- How can I overcome stress at work
- Can an aviator get a pension?
- Has your body ever defied medicine?
- How are glass bottle caps made
- Why does fresh air make me tired?
- What's the worst about cancer
- Why did Ferguson retire
- What if BJP loses the Gujarat elections
- Does the moon contain normal gravity?
- What does Viva La Vida mean
- How many months is Serena Williams pregnant
- Why is the intelligence in humans very different
- What looks delicious but shouldn't be eaten
- Why is there no downvote button
- What is the innovation diffusion model
- How do I relieve spider bite pain
- What is your idea of a broken relationship
- Can you sell cryptocurrency legally in America
- Boys ever fall in love
- What is an override signal