What are examples of sentences in the past tense
Past tense explanation and examples
We are dealing with the past tense (1st past) of the German language here. These are the topics:
- A Explanationwhat one needs the past tense for.
- regulate and Examples for using the simple past.
- Tasks / exercises to practice the topic yourself.
- A Question and answer area to the past tense.
Tip: We'll look at the past tense in a moment. It is helpful if you already know what a verb is and how to conjugate a verb. If you have no idea about this and you do not understand the following sections, please take a look at our article Verb. Do our exercises on the past tense as well.
Past tense explanation
Let's look at a definition of the simple past.
The past tense is a tense in the German language. This tense is used to express things in the past. The past tense is primarily used for reports and narratives in the written language. In oral conversations, the perfect tense is used instead of the past tense.
Let's look at some typical uses for the simple past. A look at the verb (underlined) shows that it is the simple past.
- you laughed him off.
- He sat on the bench.
- We packed lots of food in the basket.
Conditions and descriptions in the past
- The car was red.
- The music system was according to.
In the next section we look at the rules for forming the simple past.Display:
Past tense rules and examples
How do you form sentences in the past tense? To do this, you have to adapt the verb in the sentence accordingly. In the simplest case, we have a regular verb and only need to adjust the endings. In the case of regular verbs, these are the endings -th, -test, -th, -th, -tet, -th.
Example paint past tense
- you timestest
- he timeste
- we timesth
- you timestet
- them timesth
Example learn simple past tense
- I learnte
- you learntest
- he learnte
- we learnth
- you learntet
- they learnth
Other verbs are irregular. In these cases, education is much more difficult. Especially the verbs to have and be are important here. For this reason, let's look at the simple past conjugation within sentences.
Example have past tense
- I would have yesterday birthday.
- You had yesterday birthday.
- He would have yesterday birthday.
- We had yesterday birthday.
- your had yesterday birthday.
- you had yesterday birthday.
Example being the past tense
- I was yesterday in the swimming pool.
- You were yesterday in the swimming pool.
- you was yesterday in the swimming pool.
- We were yesterday in the swimming pool.
- your wait yesterday in the swimming pool.
- you were yesterday in the swimming pool.
Tasks / exercises past tenseShow:
Questions with answers on the past tense
In this section, we'll look at typical simple past tense questions with answers.
Q: In what cases do you use the simple past tense?
A: The past tense is used to describe things in the past. This concerns completed actions and states or descriptions in the past.
Q: When is this topic covered in school?
A: The past tense is mostly on the curriculum from the 3rd grade onwards.
Q: What topics should I look at next?
A: We are working on these topics and will link them here later:
- Personal pronouns
- Word field
- Root and family of words
- sentence parts
- Verbatim speech
- How do you say far in Mandarin
- Who gives personal financial advice
- Are Atkins Low Carb Bars Healthy
- What are some common misunderstandings about Nagaland
- Can be the President of the Olympics
- Which problem is exclusive to smart people
- How many paid networks does Ning
- Why does a country need an army
- What are total dissolved solids
- When will Prozac's tiredness go away?
- A helmet is compulsory in Goa
- Which backend language has the most content
- Antifa actually promotes fascist principles
- Why was Cars 2 so bad
- What are docking ports in space
- Why do we use active voice
- Can ENFJs rethink love
- What functional group is G3P
- What are some sentence examples with apotheosis
- Electromagnetic waves disrupt computers
- There are people who never dream
- Why do atoms hybridize
- Is it worth buying Destiny 2 Forsaken
- With which grades do we get MBBS
- Which monitor are you using
- Which is dangerous hypothyroidism or hyperthyroidism
- What are the cyber crime laws in Pakistan
- Sells Kroger postage stamps
- Why do people fear karma so much?
- What is a pokemon
- Recruit regular gym members
- How to create a Python dictionary
- The Peltier air conditioning is worth it
- Why is the judicial system so unjust