How can technology change society
How technology is changing our society
In “Cyberwar”, Constanze Kurz and Frank Rieger from the renowned Chaos Computer Club describe new forms of warfare that are becoming an ever greater threat to our society today: We are now not only networking computers and smartphones, but also household appliances and everyday objects. However, the more we rely on networked technology in all areas of life, the greater the threat potential of a cyber attack. The authors not only illustrate spectacular attacks on entire states and societies. They also explain the political and economic conditions due to which weak points are ignored or even consciously used.
While cyberwar relates to the present and the immediate future, the historian Yuvel Noah Harari goes one step further with “Homo Deus”: Technology companies are shaping one future vision after another. The intertwining of man and machine is touted almost as a matter of course. Harari asks critically where in these developments the central values of humanism remain, such as free will and individuality. The author quickly traces the history of mankind and thus underpins his doubts that ever greater networking, including people themselves, is an irreversible development. The book contrasts this infatuation with technology with a humanistic vision of the future.
- What is flue gas desulphurization
- How are snails cleaned and cooked
- How does fear affect your life
- How can I fix iTunes error 3600?
- Which types of potatoes are the healthiest?
- Which Quora users attended Bellevue High School
- What are the Melanesia Solomon Islands
- What is the scientific name of nectarine
- Why do evil narcissists hate women
- What is the best undercover clothing
- What does Kafkas convey before the law
- Do pets need a blanket
- Who are higher Chettiars or Gounders
- Why companies should be socially responsible
- How reality shows gather audiences
- Synthetic meat is dangerous to eat
- What is the importance of the damping factor
- What are some controversial images
- What do you think of Article 13
- What is the coefficient of thermal conductivity
- Are there native animals in Antarctica
- Which son of Noah was punished
- Why it's called the error function
- What is the working culture like at Dream11