Which monitor are you using
Second monitor: how to use two screens
See more, work better: two monitors
Anyone who has two screens at the workplace simply sees more. The larger screen area makes it possible to open several windows. That offers numerous options. For example, while the e-mails are always open on the right, you can work comfortably as usual on the left.
Anyone who has to compare tables or have a close look at products also works well with the 2-screen method. And two screens can also be real all-rounders in the private sphere - passionate gamers in particular know that.
Two monitors are often cheaper to buy than an XXL screen. At the same time, handling is a bit easier, as two smaller screens are easier to position than one large one. So far so good - but what should you watch out for when choosing and installing a second monitor?
What is important when using two screens?
In general, it makes sense to use two identical screens. So if you convert from one to two screens, you either buy the existing model or buy two new screens of the same type. This is extremely important for the eyes. Because if the two monitors are structurally identical, the resolution and the color spectrum are also the same. When looking at the second screen, the eyes and brain do not have to “switch” or get used to - that saves energy.
The alignment of the two screens is also important. So that ergonomic work is possible, one should not only observe the requirements of Directive 90/270 / EEC for VDU workstations. It makes sense to adapt the arrangement of the monitors to the individual work situation. If you work with one monitor most of the time and use the second one as an accessory, you can position the second screen to the right of the main screen at an angle of 15 °.
Anyone who spends more than a third of their working time comparing or processing multiple sources on two screens can sit in the middle in front of the two monitors. Here, too, the angle of inclination should not exceed the recommended 15 °.
Technical: This is how the second monitor can be connected and set up
Before purchasing a second monitor, it makes sense to take a look at the connections on the computer. In the case of a laptop, the screen connections are on the side of the notebook. With a floor-standing computer, they are attached to the back of the case.
Whether they are positioned above or below depends on whether the computer has a graphics card or not. If this is the case, the connections are in the lower area of the case - otherwise more at the top.
If everything went well with the connections, the screens still have to be set up. In other words: the computer must also “understand” that it should display the image on two monitors. The setup under Windows 10 takes just a few steps:
- Right-click an empty space on the desktop
- Then go to "Display Settings"> "Display"
- There you will find all the monitors that Windows has recognized. The operating system usually simulates the size of the screens here. (If a screen is not displayed, you should check the connections.)
- The next step is to "explain" the arrangement of the monitors to the system
- Click on "identify" and check that the numbers assigned are correct. If not, you can make corrections using drag & drop.
- The display can be adapted to your own needs under "Scaling and arrangement".
- To divide the screen area across multiple displays, click on “Multiple Screens”> “Expand This Display”.
As a rule, all changes are applied immediately. You only have to click on "Apply" for adjustments to the resolution. As always, we at GAUL.IT are happy to assist you with all questions and concerns about setting up a second monitor!
Last change on Thursday, 06 February 2020 12:03
- Travel does something for your personality
- What is location differentiation
- What are some amazing features of Hootsuite
- How does a tornado reach for things
- Is biological evolution true
- What is a Gaussian connection
- Why are English songs difficult to understand
- What does fakakte
- What is Sweden national and cultural events
- Is there an anime dubbed in English on Crunchyroll
- Why is YouTube Studio still in beta
- What is the appeal of Pete Buttigieg
- How do you treat an infected burn
- Is Jesus your deliverer
- What causes a headache after running
- Is Narayana DLP good for the NEET
- What are horses related to?
- When were the first sails used?
- Why is a friendly environment important
- Queen Elizabeth II ever eats chips
- What do vampires like
- How can I talk to my husband
- How much does Vyvanse cost without insurance
- Is Indiegogo Equity Crowdfunding or Rewards Based