What is the effect of friction
Friction and locomotion
Rubbing and sticking occurs in almost all situations in everyday life. Many people believe that friction is always a hindrance and undesirable. In many cases, however, there is an interest in rubbing or sticking occurring.
In the following tasks you should consider where rubbing or sticking is desired or undesirable on the objects mentioned. You should also state which measures will be used to achieve the desired goal.
If you can't think of anything to answer the questions asked, you can click on the "Show tip" button. An image then appears that may give you an idea. A possible answer is formulated in the "Show solution" field. Other solutions are also conceivable for some tasks.
Where is sticking or rubbing desirable on the wheel of a car, and where not?
Good grip of the tire on the ground - suitable profile and suitable rubber compound.
Friction in the wheel bearing - use of ball bearings.
Where is rubbing or sticking desirable when driving a bicycle, and where not?
Good adhesion of the foot to the pedal - e.g. rubber ribs on the pedal and good profile on the shoe.
Friction within the chain links - Well cleaned and oiled chain.
Where is rubbing or sticking desirable in cross-country skiing, and where not?
Good adhesion of the ski in the imprint zone - e.g. scales or sticky wax in the imprint zone.
Friction outside the impression zone - application of glide wax.
Where is rubbing or sticking desirable when playing football, and where not?
Good grip of the foot on the grass - use of cleats on the football boots.
Too much braking of the ball due to friction on the lawn - mowing the lawn for a short length or watering the lawn shortly before the game.
When lifting loads with a pulley system, where is rubbing or sticking desired and where not desired?
Good grip of the hand on the pull rope - use of a "rough" rope.
Friction in the bearings and friction on the cheeks of the rollers - use of ball or roller bearings, use of sufficiently wide rollers.
Where is rubbing or sticking desirable when walking, where is not desirable?
Good adhesion of the sole to the ground when pressing - use a profile sole made of adhesive material (e.g. rubber).
Low friction of the shoe when walking forwards - rolling possibility through a "curved" sole (especially with stiff mountaineering boots).
- How expensive is liposuction for men
- There are dragons in Native American mythology
- Why do people hate Africans
- Which band sang the song Mississippi
- How was time invented
- How can I become a car seller
- Where can I buy laterite in Nigeria
- What is the future after VFX
- How do you get over business adversity
- Why is madness so interesting
- The hotel uses a price adjustment tool
- What eating habits of baby parrots
- Uber offers the first ride for free
- Why do bacteria produce exoenzymes
- How foreign-friendly is Sweden?
- Why are some acids harmful?
- Is India's education system well organized
- Can psychopaths instantly create a new mask
- What percentage of Ukrainians are Russians?
- What do you think of Skype interviews
- What is the flag register in the 8085 microprocessor
- What value does Instagram give you
- How to draw eyes and hair
- Should I choose Java Development or Selenium
- Where can I order a custom coursework
- How do we carry out the shooting practice
- How did mute change your Quora feed
- Why does television cause depression
- Why is an objective statement important
- Which Quora users attended Bellevue High School
- How profitable is milk processing
- What is the technology stack behind Upwork
- How safe is the estrogen patch
- Can rap at Jungkook