How do I gzip a WordPress site
Accelerate WordPress with gzip and mod_deflate
The two modules gzip (mod_gzip) and mod_deflate accelerate WordPress websites enormously by means of compression. The installation is very simple.
What is gzip
Logically, this means that the data sent to the recipient is displayed less and the individual web pages are displayed faster in the browser. This saves between 40% and 70% of the transfer volume. The recipient will then enjoy fast websites.
mod_gzip must be loaded last in the module list, as Apache 1.3.x processes content in module order, and compression is the final step performed before data is sent.
mod_deflate works together with gzip, but may only appear in the .htaccess file after gzip.
mod_deflate for Apache versions 2.0.44 and earlier comes with the compression ratio set for best speed, not best compression
Test websites for compression
There are some websites that you can use to quickly test whether your own (or another) website has already activated gzip and is delivering compressed data.
What do I have to do to use mod_gzip and mod_deflate?
Before you mod_gzip and mod_deflate In the first step, you have to determine whether your own web host or the package you are using provides the two modules. In my case, I just asked HostEurope support, the answer was "Yes!" And then it was sufficient to insert the two code snippets below into the file.
More detailed information on gzip and mod_deflate
- Why does fresh air make me tired?
- Is the DDE degree from Patna University valid?
- What does OU812
- What are some tools for emotional intelligence?
- What was your most creative lucid dream
- Why is information technology so difficult
- What's your rating of UFRGS
- What do the terrorists want
- What's bad about carbon
- IIBS Bangalore is a top MBA college
- Which country is mighty at war these days?
- Why is the world imperfect
- Dell Authorized Service Center in Chennai
- What are the uses of hand shears
- Is Hno3 a Lewis acid
- What are some interesting facts about interstellar
- What does this car symbol mean
- How are you going to end your journey
- What is the carrying capacity factor
- What are the cool nicknames of cricketers
- 10 kW can supply a house with electricity
- Is Invisalign and Pot roast worth it
- Gun violence has something to do with guns
- What are the different types of translators
- PhD students working in physics at SpaceX
- Draws well for the brain
- Psychologically why do we have expectations
- What if God were elected President?
- How can Amazon Prime work so cheaply
- Why is the Telangana government so inefficient
- Is Salesforce Pardot good for lead generation
- What does the following Thai sentence mean?
- What is special about the third dimension
- What is the name of God in Judaism