Gay men like to cuddle
Best Friends: Straight women like gay men
"Our results show which factors influence the close relationships between heterosexual women and gay men," write the researchers working with Eric Russell from the University of Texas at Arlington. A major factor is apparently the physical attractiveness of women. Those who look very good often have to expect to be seduced by a straight man or to be treated unfairly out of envy by a straight woman.
This was confirmed by one of the two studies in which 103 heterosexual women and men with an average age of 21 took part. All test subjects looked at photographs of 68 women, also around 21 years old, whose attractiveness had previously been assessed by ten independent people using a point scale from 1 to 10. Each test person should imagine meeting the woman shown at a party. Every man estimated the likelihood that he would try to convince her to have sex, including through flattery and lies. Each woman assessed the probability with which she would perceive the person presented as a competitor in her own search for a partner and would react accordingly hostile to this woman. As expected, the physical attractiveness of women intensified the attempts of men to seduce them by all means. The competitive behavior of women also increased with increasing attractiveness.
In the second study, the women who were photographed and judged on their appearance were interviewed. First, they were asked to indicate whether they considered gay men to be more honest than straight men in conversations about love affairs. On the other hand, a special game provided information about how much friendship with a heterosexual or homosexual male or female person would be worth to them. It turned out that the more attractive they were, the more they wanted a close relationship with a gay man. This attitude is probably part of the “mating strategy” of attractive women, the authors explain. Since they are particularly at risk of being deceived by heterosexuals of both sexes, they would appreciate friendship with gay men more than less attractive women. From homosexual men she could also experience a higher esteem regardless of sexual interests. In addition, it is more likely to receive honest information in open discussions about relationships that will help her to find a partner.
- Difference between transient and steady state
- What do you think of smart diapers
- Is concept art really art
- Does Gorilla Glue work underwater?
- How did you lose 20 pounds
- Supports Chrome DNS over HTTPS
- How did you come to Linux?
- Can lithium be used to treat anxiety
- Why do most of the poor people seem happy?
- How do the Rothschilds avoid media attention
- How do I learn to plan courses
- Who was called England's first poet prize winner
- Why can't I edit my Quora answers?
- Who is the best WiFi provider in Aurangabad
- Blood cells are called somatic cells
- Why are some spiders poisonous
- Can energy be generated
- What is the complete skillset for mainframe
- How's Color doing since shooting
- Weight loss is a myth
- Sand is made up of two chemical elements
- Is rice countable or uncountable
- What can a good girl's nickname be
- Is BPA present in all older plastics