What is filter water
Do i need a water filter?
From a health point of view, the use of filters for tap water is usually not necessary, as drinking water from the public supply network is in principle low in pollutants and well monitored. Even small children and the sick do not need filtered water.
MadPhotos / Fotolia
- The advertising for drinking water filters often suggests that our tap water is contaminated with pollutants. However, these statements are completely exaggerated.
- From a hygienic point of view, water filters and water treaters are not recommended. Drinking water is a perishable food that can quickly become contaminated if it is left in the container for too long or if it comes into contact with old filters.
- If you use a table water filter, you should always follow the operating instructions, change the cartridge regularly and clean the filter regularly to ensure that the water quality is always perfect. Otherwise, the treated water can quickly become contaminated with a table water filter. To prevent this from happening, it makes sense to keep the filter in the refrigerator.
Mechanical filters behind the water meter system
According to DIN 1988, filters that are located in the house directly behind the water meter system are prescribed and make sense. These are mechanical particle filters.
Water filter: claims of the manufacturers in the fact check
Tap water is bad, contains germs and makes you sick, so you need water filters - these and other arguments of the manufacturers in the fact check.
- "Our tap water is not as good as is always claimed."
The tap water in Germany is subject to regular strict controls and is of very good quality. The current limit values are also completely sufficient.
- "Tap water can contain pathogenic germs such as legionella."
This is very unlikely as the quality is well monitored. Should drinking water actually contain pathogenic germs, there is a hygiene problem in the pipeline network that should not be remedied with a filter.
- "Drinking water can contain drugs."
Yes, but the amount is so small that, according to the state of the art, there is no concrete health risk for humans. Only modern analytics make it possible to detect the smallest traces that are a thousand times below the amounts that could have an effect on our body.
- "Drinking water can contain nitrate."
Exceeding the limit value of nitrate in drinking water is very rare. Most water suppliers are well below the nitrate limit value.
- "Drinking water filters help purify the body."
There is no such thing as "slag"! So no help of this kind is possible either.
- "Drinking water filters can filter out lead, which is contained in many pipes."
Drinking water filters should not be used to filter out lead. Houses built after 1973 do not have lead pipes. If someone suspects that they still have lead pipes in the house, they should have their tap water checked.
- "If you drink unfiltered water, there is a risk of diseases such as cardiovascular disease and cancer."
Tap water in Germany is of very good quality and cannot be responsible for such diseases.
- "Through 'harmonization', 'vitalization', 'levitation', 'energizing' or 'transformation', the water can be returned to a natural or original state."
None of these pseudoscientific statements can be scientifically proven.
- Why are car windshields bent
- What Are Some Little Known Winter Hacks
- Why do everyone enjoy life so much
- How do I play FIFA 17 online
- Which properties of a generator influence the current?
- Why is alum water soluble
- Why is ISIS afraid of female fighters
- What does the adoption of a second parent mean
- What is the purpose of building dams
- Where is Kulbhushan Jadhav now
- Female cats admit to mating
- Who is the best fashion site
- Which remote computer repair service is best
- Why do we say boneless fish
- What is a blower 2
- Simvastatin is FDA approved
- What attracted you to technology studies?
- How do you practice meeting someone right?
- Why do so many technicians ride bicycles?
- How will Hillary Clinton facilitate immigration
- Is PEX safer than PVC
- Will kill Google Sparrow
- Why do we support a nuclear family
- Have the MOOCs already gone