What happens to the wall community
Everything you need to know about group boards on Pinterest
It is well known that Pinterest does not see itself as a social network, but as a "catalog of ideas". In fact, there is far less interaction and communication on Pinterest than on Facebook or Instagram. But it's not the case that every user on Pinterest is all alone.
The function in which the community idea is most clearly expressed on Pinterest is called too German Group bulletin board. For you as an entrepreneur, these mean Group boards on Pinterest a great way to instantly increase the reach of your Pins. Why this is so and how you can use this lever in practice - that's what we'll deal with in this blog post on best practices at Pinterest.
The advantages of group boards on Pinterest
As a reminder: A group board on Pinterest means that the original creator invites others to join. On the group board "Christmas with children", for example, there are more than 80 members who collect ideas on how to spend the holidays harmoniously with the family. The fact that a larger number of Pinterest users act collectively on a group bulletin board has several positive consequences:
- The pin board is filled with new content more often because not only a single user feels responsible for it.
- Pinterest's algorithm rates activity as positive and rewards it by prominently placing pins and pin boards in the smart feed.
- This increases the chance that the group bulletin board will gain followers beyond the contributors.
- The co-pinners themselves usually pay close attention to what is happening on the group boards.
- So if you put attractive, exclusive pins on group boards or organize self-appealing group boards, you press a kind of turbo button for reach on Pinterest.
You meanwhile have (almost) perfect pins up your sleeve and want to give them the audience they deserve. Group boards will be a crucial key in opening the door to the grand arena for your own pins. It is also exciting that many group bulletin boards have one rule: only those who also repeat from the group board are allowed to take part.
This guarantees the snowball effect. In short: if you understand group boards professionally, you will see them as a tool with which you can actively network yourself on Pinterest and help your brand, your company and your expert status to reach reach quickly, even if your actual business account has only a few followers . You jump on the bandwagon of strange group boards, which are already well filled with people who have areas of interest that your company can serve.
How do you use group boards optimally?
You basically have two options for using group boards on Pinterest. Either you open at least some of your own pin boards to others, or you take care of finding popular group bulletin boards and receiving an invitation to participate. Incidentally, both approaches are not mutually exclusive, you can use them in parallel.
Clever organization of your own group bulletin boards on Pinterest
In the meantime, you should have already experienced the first repins of your own content during your Pinterest activities. You also followed up on the profiles and noticed: There are other users who carefully select pins in their subject areas and maybe even create their own pins. Does it click? Aren't these exactly the people you want to get in touch with? Then try the following:
- Turn one of your existing boards into a group board. To do this, go to the "Edit" menu on the specific pin board and discover a field in which you can issue invitations to participate under "Contributors".
- There you enter the Pinterest name or the e-mail addresses of those who trust to equip your pin board with useful pins and not to fill it with spam. There is a good chance that those invited will feel honored by your offer.
- Voilà, as soon as the first person responds to your invitation, you will have your own group board.
As long as the content here remains high quality, you do not damage your image on Pinterest, but rather symbolize to the community and algorithm that you have understood the unwritten rules of the game. You retain control of your own group boards at all times, so you can exclude members again, delete pins and, above all, place your own pins there again and again as a top pin, the actual symbol pin. If you change perspective now, the practice with group bulletin boards will be even clearer.
Join strangers' group boards on Pinterest
The first step towards being accepted as a co-pinner on other group boards is to find those that match your keywords and your business. Since Pinterest does not yet support a search function for group boards, here are three possible workarounds:
- Anyone who smartly organizes their group pinboards on Pinterest knows about the lack of a direct search function. This is why the title of the group often contains the word "Gruppenboard" or "GB" for short, because it is indexed by the Pinterest search. So search for group boards plus keyword and you will get the relevant boards displayed.
- You can recognize group boards in the presentation on Pinterest by the fact that these boards have a circle with several integrated profile pictures in the lower left corner. This applies across Pinterest - so if you come across such boards, you have found a group board.
- Have a look at Google and you will quickly come across bloggers and pintesters who have taken the trouble to create thematically arranged lists of German-speaking group boards. Sea thoughts is such a meeting point or Tulip Day.
There are also a number of internet tools such as Pingroupie that focus on collecting group boards on Pinterest. The disadvantage: They are designed for the English-speaking market. It is worth trying, however, to search there using terms such as "Deutsch" and "German".
Now you have identified group bulletin boards that you like and that you would like to attach your pins to. Sometimes there is information in the board description about how the admin imagines it. Then just follow these instructions. Otherwise, this approach has proven itself:
- Like, Repinne and comment on pins of the person responsible. This is the account that is in the left, larger part of the circle that sticks to the pin board. Alternatively, you can look at the URL on the pin board: The part behind Pinterest. * Is the user name, behind its flash is the name of the pin board.
- Ask in a friendly public whether you can join in too.
- If that doesn't work, write a direct message briefly explaining why you're asking for admission. Don't forget to include the email address you used on Pinterest. Although invitations to group boards can now also simply be issued using the profile name, the old practice with e-mail addresses is still more common, especially with power users.
The longer you have been with Pinterest and the more you have profiled yourself there as an expert, the more likely it is that you will receive unexpected invitations to group boards. Then please do not click blindly on "Accept", but take a closer look at the invitation and the pin board beforehand. On Pinterest, as on other social networks, you do not want to appear in a context that is alien to you and may even harm you.
First steps on third-party group boards on Pinterest
With the invitation, you have theoretically achieved your goal of using other people's group bulletin boards as a reach booster. Now don't screw it up - stick to the rules. No one on Pinterest can suffer from spam and inappropriate pins, they damage your image.
- So only pin those pins of yours on the group boards that really fit the topic.
- Don't be pushy and limit yourself to one pin a day.
- Follow the usual request to repin pins from other people's pins on the group board. Give and take is the guiding principle here and your pins will eventually be repeated.
- If additional rules apply such as "Only German-speaking" or "No rich pins" - either you accept them or you make yourself unpopular very quickly.
If you follow these best practices on Pinterest in relation to your own and other group boards, you will quickly notice what powerful tool is hidden here. If a board has several thousand followers and hundreds of co-pinners, you now tend to reach them directly using the Smart Feed algorithm.
The rules for the perfect pin continue to apply, from the optimal time and day of the week for your pins to keywords in the text sections to the exact deep link. Repins from the group board then multiply the absolute number of contacts with potential customers. It is all the more important that your pins deliver what they promise. Use your best pins for this strategy, not pins that are more of a fix -ture.
The effect of good pins with added value on the right group boards will become clear to you at the latest when you follow their career on Pinterest Analytics. And best of all: This procedure doesn't cost you a cent, here you are closer to the social, community character of Pinterest than anywhere else.
Group boards on Pinterest - the conclusion
The small but subtle tricks about how mechanisms of social networks are used professionally and efficiently are constantly changing. On Facebook, it is currently groups and events that can generate maximum attention without a large budget. At Instagram, stories are the format of the hour. And at Pinterest it's the group boards that have to become an integral part of your strategy right now.
Don't let this chance lie recklessly, show your social streak on the group boards. Contribute quality content to the boards where your target audience meets. Invite them to join the group boards you initiated. Remain friendly, helpful and prove your competence with successful pins. It's only a stone's throw from there to closing the deal. Here in our blog we will soon help you understand how you can use additional PR budget on Pinterest in the areas of advertising and influencer marketing.
- Does God have any weaknesses
- Why are they called the Iron Islands
- What are the properties of even functions
- Are psychopaths sexist by nature
- Which is better Broadway or West End
- What is the importance of Linux
- What is sensor data mining
- What purpose do guild men serve
- Has the political inaccuracy gone too far?
- What advances in mathematics happened during the Renaissance
- What is a chemical shift in NMR
- How much time does it take to overcome depression
- What is the Odia word for goal
- How is India seen in Pakistan
- Why don't you call Flynn a spy
- Should I learn bari or tenor saxophone
- Who is the best Tollywood male singer
- Has Shawn Rhoden ever used steroids?
- What popular science fiction books contain cyborgs?
- What is USA traditional food
- What's the best way to reinvent yourself
- How are the IT companies classified
- Is conscious capitalism ethical
- What is an ICBM