What's new in WordPress 5 3
WordPress: back to the old editor after the update to Gutenberg 5.0.3
Do you find the new view with block elements in WordPress from version 5.0 uncomfortable and want to go back to the old editor? These instructions show you the way to the classic editor.
Do you want to create a new WordPress website? Then my video instructions are just right for you. In 15 minutes, I'll show you how to create a website with WordPress in six easy steps.
Gutenberg is the new standard from WordPress 5.0
When updating a WordPress website, the Gutenberg editor will be the standard in the future. This also applies to every new homepage that is based on the Open Source Content Management System. With this innovation, the developers are taking a step towards visual operation, as we are already used to from website builders like Jimdo or a Wix website. With this one hopes to be able to introduce even the less experienced beginners to the advantages of WordPress.
For those who have got used to the input mask of the text editor in WordPress over the years, the sudden and forced switch to the Gutenberg editor is sometimes quite difficult. Personally, I also quickly looked for a way return to the classic view. Lo and behold: due to the resistance from the community, the WordPress developers involved already have one official plugin to deactivate Gutenberg provided. Brief instructions for installing the "classic editor" follow:
Deactivate Gutenberg with the Classic Editor (plugin)
1. Open the area "Install plugins"
If your user account has admin rights, you will find the Plugins area in the menu of your WP installation
2. Type in the search field "classic editor"
In this way you can search for and install plugins directly via your administration panel. However, it is advisable to pay attention to the ratings and topicality when choosing the plugins, as negligence can also create a security hole for your website. In this specific case, the developer is of course trustworthy.
3. Click on "Activate"
Now the installed plugin only needs to be activated and you have the classic view of the post editor back.
4. Zack done - everything as it was
Immediately after activating the plug-in, the classic view of the editor is available again.
If you want to work with the new Gutenberg editor after all, you can deactivate the plugin at any time. It will have no effect on the display in the frontend, i.e. the visible area of your homepage.
This is how the new editor works in WordPress
After all, the new block-based editor does not simply change the previous appearance of the content for the visitor to your website. It should make it easier to insert any type of multimedia content in the blink of an eye and to arrange it as you wish. In the future, each content will be in its own block, which is easier to position. The user still has the option of editing elements in HTML and CSS. WordPress wants to simplify the process, not the result. Each user has to decide for himself whether this has been successful.
By the way: We have put together a comparison of cheap and powerful hosters for WordPress websites for you here: https://website-tutor.com/wordpress-hosting/
Homepage kit comparison
- Can you smoke Subutex
- Sleep actresses with directors
- Why do people get unfriendly dogs
- What programming habits should all developers avoid?
- How to cure the Jonas complex
- What's your worst heels story
- What is a half of two quarters
- Is a recession under Obama possible?
- What are the factors that hinder education
- How does Amazon India cheat its customers
- The Bible was originally written in Aramaean
- Hillary Clinton is seriously ill
- Does Elon Musk believe in the theory of relativity
- Which US history books do you recommend
- What governs a moral standard
- What is law scanning
- Do you prefer silence or noise
- Share your pictures or drawings
- What sucks about being Japanese-American
- What is the importance of the fertilizer calculation
- Will graduation at 26 affect my career
- What are the best types of internships
- Are gas electric bicycles legal
- What was the Fortnite bus
- What does E MC 2
- Does every mathematician believe that God exists
- Is ranitidine safe to take every day
- Why are Komodo dragons so dangerous
- How expensive is Munich
- Who has a Google Partner Badge
- What are some DIY homemade cleaners
- How functional is Ruby
- How to fix old cars