What are the basic human motivations
1. Motivational Theory - An Introduction
Basic knowledge of the theory of motivation will help you to better understand motivational measures and to tailor them more effectively to the individual employee.
Maslow's hierarchy of needs model
Maslow's hierarchy of needs * is a common model for understanding human motivation. Although scientifically not entirely undisputed, its simplicity makes it well suited to get an idea of human motivation.
Maslow believes that all people have a set of basic needs that they strive to meet. According to Maslow, there is a hierarchy among the various needs. Only when higher-ranking needs have been largely covered does one seek to satisfy the next more important one.
Maslow's hierarchy of needs
Maslow's hierarchy of needs ranks needs based on their urgency.
* Abraham H. Maslow. "Motivation and Personality", 1954
Satisfying needs explained using the example
After a long march, a hiker reaches the stage destination of his tour.
|Step 1:||The first thing to eat is the food brought in the backpack.|
|Level 2:||Then he sets up the tent. To be on the safe side, he digs a trench around the tent.|
|Level 3:||Then he picks up the cell phone and speaks to his wife on the phone.|
|Level 4:||He tells her in detail about his daily performance.|
|Level 5:||Before he goes to sleep, he plays a few more melodies on his harmonica.|
Implementation in practice
You can derive a lot from Maslow's model for the management of your employees.
- How can employees in the company meet their various needs?
- What funding opportunities are there?
- Where are the starting points for motivating employees?
|Employee needs||Means of satisfaction|
Hunger, thirst, sleep
|Sufficient pay, healthy workplace|
Security and protection
|Secure job, pension, protection against dismissal|
Recognition and status
|Status symbols, payment, praise|
Development of the personality
|Co-determination, influence, free time|
Tip " Bear in mind that demands on physiological and security needs in the company have declined due to state security (unemployment and social assistance).
All the more, in today's working world, social needs, appreciation and self-realization come to the fore. Important factors are personal responsibility, praise and recognition.
Next module »2. Basics of employee motivation
- What are some sentence examples with apotheosis
- When is faith more valuable than reason?
- Is BTS Jungkook an alcoholic
- Is Kilgrave a narcissist
- Jesus got salvation
- Is QPlum legitimate
- How do people register their voices
- Can love be defined
- How do you deal with life insecurities
- Is India's Sukhoi HAL FGFA project dead
- What is rooted
- What are some examples of bad friends
- Which American beers actually use barley
- Which artist sang the song Smooth Criminal
- What do you think about paid internships
- Explain about Hadoop
- Where is the glass reactor better
- Why is Agra being renamed
- What is the Italian word for opera
- Why do helicopter pilots wear helmets
- Who is eligible for CAT 2016
- Bacteria can grow in distilled water
- How historically correct is Assassin's Creed Origins
- The Peltier air conditioning is worth it