What is the average age of the founders
How old are startup founders on average?
What age is the average startup founder? Is he 20, 30 or even 40? Various studies show interesting results.
Only young entrepreneurs found startups - right?
Young, dynamic, successful: This is how you imagine the typical startup founder. School dropouts like Bill Gates or Steve Jobs sitting in their garage tinkering with the groundbreaking innovations of tomorrow - this is what entrepreneurs look like. Or idlers like Mark Zuckerberg, who start at 20 and are billionaires at 30.
Is this cliché correct? Are startup founders really young? No not always!
The average age of startup founders
As various surveys show, most startup founders are by no means early school leavers who set up their companies at the age of 18, 19 or 20. But on the contrary:
- According to the German StartUp Monitor most founders are between 25 and 34 years of age
- The winners of the American TechCrunch Awards were on average 31 years old
- Harvard Business Review found that most entrepreneurs are at least 30 years old, with the majority in their 40s and over
So you can say:
- Yes, the cliché of the young entrepreneur is true. Many startups are founded by busy twenties
- But: Most founders are over 30 or older
- Even 50-year-olds still have the courage to found a startup!
Founded young, later successful
Many founders may be young when they start their business, but real success didn't come until many years later. Apple went off like a rocket when Steve Jobs was in his 50s. And Elon Musk (Tesla, SpaceX, Boring Company, etc.) is still experiencing some highs in his late 40s.
This shows: Even if startups are founded by young people and they grow quickly - if the concept works - it still takes many years of perseverance to reach the undisputed top. This road is rocky and hard. In order to master it, the founders need, among other things, a thick skin, a lot of know-how and the right staff.
Images: Pexels, Harvard Business Review
- Narcissists are good at not getting arrested
- Who is bodhisattva
- Which gases make up air?
- Should I buy from a seller's market?
- Which band name has the coolest backstory
- Forgan golf clubs are good
- What is public human resources management
- What is more important than knowledge
- What are the best biochemistry colleges
- Does the humidity increase or decrease the air temperature
- What is most important when choosing a girlfriend
- What are the symptoms of vicious
- Why did India withdraw troops from China
- Does 5g radiation damage the environment
- Why is gravity affected by distance
- Is London better than Miami
- Has anyone started working with Cuemath?
- How did Lady Gaga get famous
- I cannot understand this Linux command
- What is learning management software
- Email marketing is a dying discipline
- What is resistance within a conductor
- There are many Protestant churches
- How much fun is Imagica in India